Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
Two of them are phone interviews?!

----------

They gave you a FaceTime interview? Sounds extremely unprofessional to me.

This is Apple. It's for an At Home Advisor position. How else would they conduct a face to face interview with managers and recruiters all across the country?

----------

The first day of training
Do we see each other?
FaceTime?

I started training in November and finished in December. Be "camera ready" every day. It's a virtual classroom (not FaceTime) and you need to participate.

:D

Palatka

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
It wasn't participation I was thinking about. I just wondered if I should comb my hair, stuff like that. Thanks. :)

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
It wasn't participation I was thinking about. I just wondered if I should comb my hair, stuff like that. Thanks. :)

Don't bother. We saw more bed heads in training that you didn't even notice them anymore. Just be on time and pay close attention in class. Do screen shots for anything you think important. It will come in handy come test time.

Participate and have fun in class.

SuthrnBell

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
I have a Skype interview next Monday! So nervous!! I've gone through most of this thread and made notes along the way. Still have more to go through, but there are a few questions I haven't seen answered.

Wireless internet? I have Time Warner Business Class, the highest it goes, but it's a wireless modem. Will this be a problem? I've already talked to them about dropping in a 2nd phone line, so that is covered.

Wireless printer? I'm not familiar with the iMac. Will I have the ability to link to my wireless printer, or will I need a wired one?

Right now I'm being told I will be in the March training. Only hick up (other than interviews of course) will be Hireright. I've been an independent contractor for 7 years. I know they won't verify employment and I haven't gotten my 2012 1099....yet. Hopefully that comes in before next week!

Back to studying the thread :)

Palatka

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks. Great idea, screenshots. I wonder if Snagit has a mac version.
(A Google later...) Yes! http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html
$49. is a bit much, but great program. Any Freeware suggestions welcomed, or do you think Lion printscreen is slick enough? I really like the cropping, arrowing, highlighting and save options in the Win version of Snagit. Also it lets me do it all fairly fast, in a separate window without losing my attention on the training conversation. I'm referring to other training I've had on Windows stuff. I haven't had the AHA training yet.
I sound like a salesman. Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with TechSmith! Honest!
Will Lion OSX print screen do those?

Re: wireless. I believe you'll want to run an Ethernet cable to the iMac for training, thinking positive. Check the back of the wireless modem/router for a jack. It'll do both at the same time. Wireless/wired. Should anyway, or call your ISP. There's always a router option if necessary.
Ask the fellow in the interview. Wireless is fine for the Skype interview but I'd do a test Skype hookup with a friend before the real deal, just to test bandwidth, Skype setup, how your office looks on 'TV', etc. No surprises.:eek:

Everybody's a dreamer and everybody's a star,
And everybody's in movies, it doesn't matter who you are.
There are stars in every city,
In every house and on every street,
And if you walk down Hollywood Boulevard
Their names are written in concrete! - Ray Davies and The Kinks

Last edited:

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks. Great idea, screenshots. I wonder if Snagit has a mac version.
(A Google later...) Yes! http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html
$49. is a bit much, but great program. Any Freeware suggestions welcomed, or do you think Lion printscreen is slick enough? I really like the cropping, arrowing, highlighting and save options in the Win version of Snagit. Also it lets me do it all fairly fast, in a separate window without losing my attention on the training conversation. I'm referring to other training I've had on Windows stuff. I haven't had the AHA training yet.
I sound like a salesman. Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with TechSmith! Honest!
Will Lion OSX print screen do those?

Honestly command shift 3 whole screen shot or cmd shift 4 for selectable areas screen shoot would probably be best and free.

Jaime009

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Here I go my 3rd challenge

Hi folks,
I've applied for AHA position that was recently posted on the Apple career site.
This is my 3rd challenge.. I got to the 3rd interview twice with the team manager then I got the thanks for playing email twice as well..

I just wonder if anyone have tried many times to get this position and ended up getting it or not getting it like me.
Just want to share the experience etc

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Wireless internet? I have Time Warner Business Class, the highest it goes, but it's a wireless modem. Will this be a problem? I've already talked to them about dropping in a 2nd phone line, so that is covered.

Wireless printer? I'm not familiar with the iMac. Will I have the ability to link to my wireless printer, or will I need a wired one?
Wireless is fine for the interview process, but once hired, you are required to be hardwired in. So even though you are Ethernet to the modem, it may be a problem with the modem itself being wireless after you get the job. We are allowed to use a wireless keyboard and mouse, but the wired keyboard and mouse better be within arm reach so you never miss a beat typing up the call. Certainly don't want to tell the customer hang on while you connect your keyboard or mouse.

The printer is frowned upon because it creates the possibility for classified information to leave the protection of the Apple realm. We were told that you may connect one for troubleshooting and watching the connection process, but it will need to be deleted there after. And that can only be done after clearing with your manager.

As mentioned before...use CMD-SHIFT 3 to screen print the enter screen or use CMD-SHIFT-4 to highlight parts of the screen or articles. By the time you are in training, you will now be on Apple's computer and unapproved software installs are strongly frowned upon. That's why the system is sent to you preloaded with everything you need. In fact, running software updates is not allowed because it may cause some of your work applications and tools to stop functioning.

Last edited:

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
I filled out the Hireright BRC last night about 9pm how long (est) until i should hear back with an offer? I'm trying to be patient, but i really don't like my current job. I'll be in the 3/11 training group hopefully. I'm pretty excited about this!!

phillies1again

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
Has anyone successfully transitioned from working with Kelly Services to working directly with Apple? I currently work tier 2 and really want to go directly through Apple.

Shark232

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Now the waiting game. I can see my Hireright background check is complete.

I submitted my background check the 15th, completed the 19th and sent to Apple.. Hopefully I get the call this week! Hire Right told me everything was complete and good.

trumpetguy25

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Houston, TX
Question about *where* to apply

I have scoured the thread and haven't found what I'm looking for. Which probably means that it's there....I'm just not seeing it.

Anyway....I live in Texas. Am I restricted to applying for the AHA position of the city closest to me (Houston), or can I apply for any of them throughout the state? My thinking is that if I apply to all the areas in Texas, I'll get moving faster than if I just apply for Houston.

Recommendations?

-trumpetguy25

Palatka

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
iPad Mini employee discount

I think I read the iPad Mini wasn't on the employee discount list yet. Would it be too confidential to ask if it now is or when?
As Baby bear said of the porridge, "this one is Just right for me". Thanks.

iFarmer

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Anyway....I live in Texas. Am I restricted to applying for the AHA position of the city closest to me (Houston), or can I apply for any of them throughout the state? My thinking is that if I apply to all the areas in Texas, I'll get moving faster than if I just apply for Houston.

Recommendations?

-trumpetguy25

There used to be a distance limit, but there isn't anymore as far as I know.

Silent505

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Waiting on 3rd Interview

So when I applied I was trying to very modest in regards to pay. I didn't want to seem like I wanted a lot or too little. They actually offered 3 dollars more than what I asked. I just wondered since they offered me so much more than what I requested and because I just had the 2nd interview and it went very well and only lasted 15 min, would that increase my chances of getting a 3rd?? She stated they would email me or call me hopefully before friday. It's Thursday and just like many others I keep checking my email constantly like a child. I have horrible luck, so I am just hopeful.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
I submitted my background check the 15th, completed the 19th and sent to Apple.. Hopefully I get the call this week! Hire Right told me everything was complete and good.

Did u call them because I just sat on hold for 20 mins just to have them say leave a voicemail with out selecting an option.

----------

So when I applied I was trying to very modest in regards to pay. I didn't want to seem like I wanted a lot or too little. They actually offered 3 dollars more than what I asked. I just wondered since they offered me so much more than what I requested and because I just had the 2nd interview and it went very well and only lasted 15 min, would that increase my chances of getting a 3rd?? She stated they would email me or call me hopefully before friday. It's Thursday and just like many others I keep checking my email constantly like a child. I have horrible luck, so I am just hopeful.
It took a couple hours to a day for me to get mine

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012

Recommendations?

I applied to all open position in and out of my state when I finally got the questionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.