Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:21 PM   #51
Bellcross
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota316 View Post
I think I will still pick this case up, as it looks great other than the oil slick you can see there. But you never know, they may have that changed before their released. And if I get it and it isn't any good, itll go right back, lol. Might as well give it a shot though.
Me too. I'll definitely pick this up. If the watermarks still exist by the time they release it, i can work my way around it.
At least for me it is better to have watermarks than to have pillowing effects like my lifeproof case..
Bellcross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:21 PM   #52
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I'll be getting this case as soon as it's available. Per ordered the Taktik Extreme today and also waiting on the Otter Armor. Anything has to be better then the Lifeproof Fre...
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 AM   #53
Cubano21
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
I'll be getting this case as soon as it's available. Per ordered the Taktik Extreme today and also waiting on the Otter Armor. Anything has to be better then the Lifeproof Fre...

I just ordered the Obex from Seidio. I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1oQb4SfMY
Cubano21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:11 AM   #54
setty7
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubano21 View Post
I just ordered the Obex from Seidio. I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1oQb4SfMY
sweet looking case. Let us know how it performs
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:29 PM   #55
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubano21 View Post
I just ordered the Obex from Seidio. I'll let you know when I get it tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1oQb4SfMY
I was holding off on ordering the Obex but might have to get one. Please do an unboxing video or something so we can get a good look at it.

Let us know how the sound and speaker phone works. I'm ready to throw my Lifeproof Fre in the garbage.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:01 PM   #56
setty7
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post


I was holding off on ordering the Obex but might have to get one. Please do an unboxing video or something so we can get a good look at it.

Let us know how the sound and speaker phone works. I'm ready to throw my Lifeproof Fre in the garbage.
and any pillowing, rainbow/oil print on screen, speaker for music, and definitely waterproofing!!
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:21 PM   #57
Releck97
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz View Post
I'm debating on preordering too. Considering if you use a credit card you usually have fraud protection, return protection, etc. so your credit card company will back you up.
Yep, too good to be true...however, I'm confused about the release date. Incipio says Feb. 10, Mobile City says April???
"Thank you for your recent pre order. This email is to inform you that the Incipio ATLAS Waterproof Case for New iPhone 5 will not be released in the $49.99 version and all pre orders will be cancelled, you have not been charged for this order.

The manufacturer has decided to redesign the case and upgrade the warranty. This warranty will now include a 12-month device warranty for water damage with every purchase of the ATLAS Waterproof Case!

The new designed/warranted case will be offered at $79.99 through mobilecityonline.com but we would like to offer our customers who have already pre ordered this item at the lower price a discount of 20% plus free shipping within the continental US if you should choose to place an order for the new design.

These cases are expected to be in stock and ready to ship by the end of April 2013."

Now, should I buy the Seidio Obex?
Releck97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:09 PM   #58
Cubano21
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releck97 View Post
Yep, too good to be true...however, I'm confused about the release date. Incipio says Feb. 10, Mobile City says April???
"Thank you for your recent pre order. This email is to inform you that the Incipio ATLAS Waterproof Case for New iPhone 5 will not be released in the $49.99 version and all pre orders will be cancelled, you have not been charged for this order.

The manufacturer has decided to redesign the case and upgrade the warranty. This warranty will now include a 12-month device warranty for water damage with every purchase of the ATLAS Waterproof Case!

The new designed/warranted case will be offered at $79.99 through mobilecityonline.com but we would like to offer our customers who have already pre ordered this item at the lower price a discount of 20% plus free shipping within the continental US if you should choose to place an order for the new design.

These cases are expected to be in stock and ready to ship by the end of April 2013."

Now, should I buy the Seidio Obex?
You won't be disappointed with the Obex. Way better then the Fre and you'll have something until the Atlas release.
Cubano21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:32 PM   #59
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubano21 View Post
you won't be disappointed with the obex. Way better then the fre and you'll have something until the atlas release.
ok,

Last edited by Hooterville; Feb 1, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 PM   #60
vajeff
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
I agree with this 100%
Another 100% agreement too. I loved my LP for the 4S, but the Fre never was right. The Obex has been pretty much perfect.

Still intrigued by the Atlas too... Can't wait to hear more about it. I know me, and I will probably end up with an Atlas to compare to the Obex... eBay the one I decide not to keep...
vajeff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:15 PM   #61
mrbunglez
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Can't wait for this case to come out, coming from a Hardcore LifeProof fan and diehard faithful, you can't beat the warranty Incipio offers and the glass screen. Hopefully this one will be epic.
This will be the only other all proof case I will purchase from another company .

Don't like the bulkiness of the otterbox and the Obex is getting some bad reviews. The griffin/catalyst case doesn't interest me except for the clear look and possible glow in the dark feature if they release one like their 1st case, but they had to merge with Griffin cause they couldn't hack it with the bigboys.

Love the color combo of this case, I will definately be purchasing an Atlas.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359656129.938538.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	393792
mrbunglez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:23 PM   #62
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releck97 View Post
Yep, too good to be true...however, I'm confused about the release date. Incipio says Feb. 10, Mobile City says April???
"Thank you for your recent pre order. This email is to inform you that the Incipio ATLAS Waterproof Case for New iPhone 5 will not be released in the $49.99 version and all pre orders will be cancelled, you have not been charged for this order.

The manufacturer has decided to redesign the case and upgrade the warranty. This warranty will now include a 12-month device warranty for water damage with every purchase of the ATLAS Waterproof Case!

The new designed/warranted case will be offered at $79.99 through mobilecityonline.com but we would like to offer our customers who have already pre ordered this item at the lower price a discount of 20% plus free shipping within the continental US if you should choose to place an order for the new design.

These cases are expected to be in stock and ready to ship by the end of April 2013."

Now, should I buy the Seidio Obex?
Where does Incipio say Feb 10th ?
Hooterville is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:46 PM   #63
Releck97
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
CES. It was actually February 11, my bad. With some of the questionable reviews of the Obex, I may just wait and see if Incipio releases the Atlas in a couple of weeks. I've had my Defender on the phone since the beginning of November, what's a couple of weeks at this point? I got a first gen. LP and returned that pronto...ugh!

Last edited by Releck97; Feb 2, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Releck97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:12 PM   #64
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Anyone know size wise how the atlas compares to the griffin catalyst? I'm having a hard time finding specs for both.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
Can't wait for this case to come out, coming from a Hardcore LifeProof fan and diehard faithful, you can't beat the warranty Incipio offers and the glass screen. Hopefully this one will be epic.
This will be the only other all proof case I will purchase from another company .

Don't like the bulkiness of the otterbox and the Obex is getting some bad reviews. The griffin/catalyst case doesn't interest me except for the clear look and possible glow in the dark feature if they release one like their 1st case, but they had to merge with Griffin cause they couldn't hack it with the bigboys.

Love the color combo of this case, I will definately be purchasing an Atlas.
Attachment 393792
What site is that that shows the info about the atlas?
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:48 PM   #65
mrbunglez
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
Anyone know size wise how the atlas compares to the griffin catalyst? I'm having a hard time finding specs for both.

----------



What site is that that shows the info about the atlas?
Mobilecityonline.com, they're a 3rd party reseller so I don't know how reliable they are.
mrbunglez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:20 PM   #66
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
Mobilecityonline.com, they're a 3rd party reseller so I don't know how reliable they are.
Yeah I saw them there wasn't sure about them though.
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:25 PM   #67
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
So any know for sure when this case will be out? I am really liking this case and how they provide a warranty covering the phone as well.

----------

Everywhere I see says february. I wish Incipio would come out and say when it is officially available. http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/01/c...s-own-warranty
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:40 AM   #68
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
Anyone know size wise how the atlas compares to the griffin catalyst? I'm having a hard time finding specs for both.
Catalyst dimensions are here:

Width: 2.65 in.
Thickness: 0.56 in.
Height: 5.33 in.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/survivor/waterproof

I've not had any luck finding the Atlas dimensions.
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:03 AM   #69
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Catalyst dimensions are here:

Width: 2.65 in.
Thickness: 0.56 in.
Height: 5.33 in.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/survivor/waterproof

I've not had any luck finding the Atlas dimensions.
I couldn't find any atlas dimensions either that's why I was wondering.
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:38 PM   #70
setty7
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
its going to be the slimmest of all the water proof i5 phone cases

Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 2.4 x 4.9 inches ; 1.6 ounces


http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPH-86.../dp/B009ABLHKC
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 04:46 PM   #71
Americano
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by setty7 View Post
its going to be the slimmest of all the water proof i5 phone cases

Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 2.4 x 4.9 inches ; 1.6 ounces


http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPH-86.../dp/B009ABLHKC
was looking for the specs. Thanks!
Americano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:26 PM   #72
Premium1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by setty7 View Post
its going to be the slimmest of all the water proof i5 phone cases

Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 2.4 x 4.9 inches ; 1.6 ounces


http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPH-86.../dp/B009ABLHKC
Hopefully they can get the thing out quick. i am waiting and don't want to spend money on another case just to hold me over until it is out.
Premium1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:20 PM   #73
kywildcats
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I'm not sure how credible this is but it says the expected release date is 2/4. Obviously the case wasn't released today but maybe soon????


http://www.theaccessoryking.com/incipio-accessories/cases-pouches/iph-865/iphone-5-atlas-case-wwaterproof-protection-black.html
kywildcats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:58 PM   #74
mrbunglez
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by setty7 View Post
its going to be the slimmest of all the water proof i5 phone cases

Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 2.4 x 4.9 inches ; 1.6 ounces


http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPH-86.../dp/B009ABLHKC
Dunno if those are real specs of the case cause the phone itself has similar specs. iPhone 5 specs directly from Apple:

Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)

The case would be like using Saran Wrap.
mrbunglez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 09:27 PM   #75
setty7
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
Dunno if those are real specs of the case cause the phone itself has similar specs. iPhone 5 specs directly from Apple:

Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)

The case would be like using Saran Wrap.
You got that right. The obex, lifeproof, and griffin + catalyst are all within milimeters of each other
setty7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC