Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:52 PM   #326
chris650
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDc2 View Post
We should boycott post-Apartheid diamonds. The lack of Apartheid is what destroyed SA.
Whisper the truth, please! Don't shout
chris650 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:12 PM   #327
MrDc2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris650 View Post
Whisper the truth, please! Don't shout
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:00 PM   #328
HenryDJP
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris650 View Post
Say that to Steve Jobs... he would do anything, vile and dirty to make money. Hope he was happy for this tragic short life, leaving a wife with a vicious bitchy personality worse than Cinderella's stepmother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Everyone is someone's father, or someone's son, or mother or daughter. That doesn't mean you're above reproach, and shouldn't be criticized for doing something someone else disagrees with. We're all open game, so long as it's kept at least somewhat civil.
Yeah, such as that absolutely atrocious post from the above poster. That's too over the top and downright unnecessary.
And I don't believe that we as humans should be criticizing one another unless we're beyond being criticized and that would make people perfect. Don't judge others unless your life is perfect.
Steve Jobs ran a company they way he saw fit. Was he a tyrant? From what I've read, yes. Was he near unbearable to work for? From what I read, yes. Does that give me justification to call him all sorts of names and put down his family? Hell no. I never worked with him and none of the people here saying such vicious things about him have either. There was no reason to call his wife names. His company obviously became successful based on how he ran it so people here need to get off their high horse and quit the name calling. MR doesn't allow us to criticize each other with name calling (and we interact with each other) so why should one criticize another human they don't even interact with?
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:39 AM   #329
chris650
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Yeah, such as that absolutely atrocious post from the above poster. That's too over the top and downright unnecessary.
And I don't believe that we as humans should be criticizing one another unless we're beyond being criticized and that would make people perfect. Don't judge others unless your life is perfect.
Steve Jobs ran a company they way he saw fit. Was he a tyrant? From what I've read, yes. Was he near unbearable to work for? From what I read, yes. Does that give me justification to call him all sorts of names and put down his family? Hell no. I never worked with him and none of the people here saying such vicious things about him have either. There was no reason to call his wife names. His company obviously became successful based on how he ran it so people here need to get off their high horse and quit the name calling. MR doesn't allow us to criticize each other with name calling (and we interact with each other) so why should one criticize another human they don't even interact with?
You just did. You called him a tyrant, just like someoen calling Hitler a tyrant.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:54 AM   #330
blewyn
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unggoy Murderer View Post
I think he's perfectly okay to protect his company and employees, and therefore their hard work from being lost to another company.

To be honest, I'd do anything to have someone with Steve's stance on poaching leading my company...
But isn'tbcompetition aupposed to be good for the economy ?
blewyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:10 AM   #331
chris650
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewyn View Post
But isn'tbcompetition aupposed to be good for the economy ?
SJ's anti-competition anti poaching behavior is nothing less than domestic terrorism.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:50 AM   #332
Popeye206
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorEaster View Post
With all due respect, I think you're missing the point. You SHOULD be picking companies that you want to work for and because you believe in their products. However, imagine you work for a semiconductor company and you're a leading engineer in this field. Now imagine Apple investing in this area because they believe they can design a new chip that will rival the computing power and power consumption specs of anything in existence. They'd like to hire you. Should they be allowed to approach you? I'm betting that in this scenario, you would say 'yes, they should be allowed to' and possibly, you might even be interested in hearing what Apple has to say. And I think Apple SHOULD be allowed to approach you.

This is what Palm is contending (that they should be allowed to approach folks with the best talent regardless of their current employer). However, the agreement that Apple, Google, et al had in place would prevent Apple from approaching you.
I get the point... I've been living it for over 25 years working in the software industry. Poaching is bad. It's disruptive and all it does is hurt all the companies in the area and it's not good for the individuals too as it's disrtracting. If I worked at Google, and wanted to work at Apple, I could always just apply for the job... of course, assuming I'm not violating my employment contract that I agreed to when I took the job.
Popeye206 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:04 AM   #333
jrbdmb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unggoy Murderer View Post
Yeah, I do... Steve was doing what he could to do what was right. Palm wasn't playing ball. The agreement between the big companies wouldn't exist if it was wrong or unfair. And, did you even read the links that were served to you?
You're being sarcastic, right? Companies never make agreements that are illegal, unethical, or unfair to other parties?
jrbdmb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:11 PM   #334
jrbdmb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Your best bet is to killfile posters whose opinions you dislike. You'll likely start to enjoy the forum more if you do that.

The Bozo Bin can be a useful tool.
But sometimes you learn more from those you disagree with. But I agree it is more comforting to only listen to those with the same mindset as yours.
jrbdmb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:44 PM   #335
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbdmb View Post
But sometimes you learn more from those you disagree with. But I agree it is more comforting to only listen to those with the same mindset as yours.
Personally, I rarely use the filters. I agree that reading divergent viewpoints is more enjoyable than living in an echo chamber.

But the OP was complaining that he did not want to see certain people's posts, hence my suggestion to him.
iGrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:50 PM   #336
Renzatic
macrumors 604

I wonder how many people have me on ignore?
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion