Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:52 PM   #1
beejam
macrumors member

Question Barcode scanning with raw output?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a barcode scanning app that will just collect the raw data and put it into a list or database file? The barcode apps I've found only take me to shopping sites from retail codes.

We have a roomful of old tech with custom barcodes for our elementary school's e-waste and the district wants us to give them all the barcode numbers. So I'm trying to make the process easier than taking digital photos and transcribing the numbers by hand!

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

-Brian
beejam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Roessnakhan
macrumors 68040

If you generate your barcodes in UPC (6, 12 digits) or EAN (8, 13 digits) you can scan barcodes in RedLaser (turn off automatic search), and it will just give you a list of barcodes that you can e-mail to yourself. I don't know of any that will automatically populate them into a database, however, but you can copy/paste the list just as easy without manual entry.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 04:35 PM   #3
beejam
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roessnakhan View Post
If you generate your barcodes in UPC (6, 12 digits) or EAN (8, 13 digits) you can scan barcodes in RedLaser (turn off automatic search), and it will just give you a list of barcodes that you can e-mail to yourself. I don't know of any that will automatically populate them into a database, however, but you can copy/paste the list just as easy without manual entry.
I have RedLaser, but didn't realize you can turn off automatic search. The database part isn't critical. I will give it a try. Thank you very much!!
beejam is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone