Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nzalog

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Damn not even sure what to do with my stock... last time I had a knee jerk reaction and sold from a drop it climbed 30 points the very next day... Seems like I can't win. Maybe AAPL should put ridiculously low projections for next quarter so it appears as if they are way over. :confused:

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
Analysts,

Please continue to beat up on AAPL and drive its price back down into the double digits or lower. I need to buy a whole truckload of the stuff before they announce their television set and the market blows it up to over $1000/share. Daddy needs a new Acura next year.

Thank you,
Every investor with a clue about Apple ever

/how anyone can look at that P/E ratio and call it an underperform makes me wonder if crack cocaine is just legal on Wall Street these days or something

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Damn not even sure what to do with my stock... last time I had a knee jerk reaction and sold from a drop it climbed 30 points the very next day...

Learn from past mistakes perhaps? Or you could drop your shares every time the share price dips… then buy again when it's up. Good way to lose money if you have too much of it.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
bottom line: why are we concern about apple's business? that's their business...

Good question! :)

There was a day we had to be concerned, because the fear was there'd be no Apple, and with no Apple it would have meant we all had to use Windows. Those days are long gone.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Good question! :)

There was a day we had to be concerned, because the fear was there'd be no Apple, and with no Apple it would have meant we all had to use Windows. Those days are long gone.

:)if there is no more apple...then there is no more apple.:D Apple don't need knights of the shinny armors. They need peasants to pay up for some iconic trophies. :p ahem....

luciferuk

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Manchester, England
Apple is more than just Tim Cook.

I like to think of Apple like I think of Rolls Royce. Apple are world class, Steve made them world class. Steve was Apple.

In my opinion, Tim Cook's still finding his feet. Just consider the responsibility that lies on this man's shoulders.

Tim's press release here does indeed read like a 'warning' The language is unlike we're used to hearing come out of Apple.
There is an inordinate long list of things that can make any single data point not a great proxy for what is going on

This news about supply changes
Yields can vary, supplier performance can vary
It's just unlike Apple. It's clear Tim's under immense pressure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.