Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
I am actually a windows user. I love to play old arcade games. And for that I use Winkawaks amd Mime32 emulator. Recently my grandpa give me his old mac book and I try to run those emulator but I find no luck. They are not supported on MAC. So is there any way to run those windows emulator on MAC. I search MAC version for those emulator but No luck. So please let me know if there any old arcade game emulator exists for MAC. Thanks in advance. :D

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
you can use, parallels, VMware, etc,
see here for complete tool to run windows OS on your Mac
http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html
So you are telling me to run a emulator by using another emulator. Thanks for your help but its seem very complicated to me. Is there any other easy solution. If there please some one help me. I really need to run those game because this weekend I am going to a camp with some of my friends and I want to play those game there with my friends.

Berek

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
I don't know what games you're trying to run, but they do have a MAME emulator for Mac OS.

dreamerdonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Bangladesh
I don't know what games you're trying to run, but they do have a MAME emulator for Mac OS.

I want to run arcade game. Basically old arcade game like Metal Slug, King of fighter etc. If mame is not available then is there any other arcade game emulator available for the MAC. Its really frustrating because I google for about a week and don't find much luck. :confused:

svenr

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
What do you mean by "If mame is not available"?
It is, like Berek said. I'm using it.

CHAOS STEP

macrumors 6502
If you're running Snowy Leopard or less, you get the bonus of using the superior MAME emulator Macmame.

If you're unfortunate enough to be running Lion or Mountain Lion, then have fun configuring Roms for MAME OSX.

I've gotten plenty of stuff to run in Macmame, hardly anything though in mame osx.

There are a couple other emus for MAME but these need a lot of faffing around to get going (the best one doesn't have a GUI).

P.S. The best Metal Slugs are now all on iPhone and iPad (1,2,3).

2 > X !!:D

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
If you're unfortunate enough to be running Lion or Mountain Lion, then have fun configuring Roms for MAME OSX.

I installed MAME for OSX, but, as you mention here, have had no luck getting it to work.

I get big list of games, but none is (obviously) present on my HD.
How can I clean that list and install games I do have the ROM for?

I have used MAME for the Amiga platform for years and it was pretty easy to use. Not so with MacOS, it seems. ;(

Anyone can help me out?

CHAOS STEP

macrumors 6502
What you need to do is get your ROMZ, put them in a folder that you have set as such in the app prefs, and then look through the big master list ('All') to find the game, then select that one to play it.

Every once in a while you can run an audit, which takes a while, but when it picks up your valid roms, it will enter them in your 'Good' Tab List.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.