Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1
legaleye3000
macrumors 6502a

Restore iPad iCloud Backup?

If I chose to backup my iPad to iCloud rather than iTunes, how do I restore a complete iPad backup? Thanks.
legaleye3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:13 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleye3000 View Post
If I chose to backup my iPad to iCloud rather than iTunes, how do I restore a complete iPad backup? Thanks.
You restore from iCloud from the setup screen before you even get to the Home screen. If you need to restore from an iCloud backup on a device that is already setup, you need to go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. This will bring you back to the setup screen you see when you first power on the device. As you go through that setup, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or restore from iCloud.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3
legaleye3000
macrumors 6502a

Thank you !
legaleye3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:32 AM   #4
milesone
macrumors newbie

THATS IF IT DOES RESTORE IT ALL!!! I lost all my notes from icloud and apple can't get them back!!!!!
milesone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:16 AM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesone View Post
THATS IF IT DOES RESTORE IT ALL!!! I lost all my notes from icloud and apple can't get them back!!!!!
I've never ran across this issue with my notes. They always sync across my Mac, iPad and iPhone. *shrugs*
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:12 PM   #6
milesone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I've never ran across this issue with my notes. They always sync across my Mac, iPad and iPhone. *shrugs*
Yep apparently it is a technical glitch in apple IOS, and the IOS engineers aren't allowed to comment on why it has done it to my notes and systems. 4 hrs on the phone to them and still no better off apart from we are sorry!!!
milesone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:27 PM   #7
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesone View Post
Yep apparently it is a technical glitch in apple IOS, and the IOS engineers aren't allowed to comment on why it has done it to my notes and systems. 4 hrs on the phone to them and still no better off apart from we are sorry!!!
It happens. I'm sure Google's cloud offerings aren't perfect either.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:50 PM   #8
kapersang
macrumors newbie

The process for restoring an iPad from an iCloud backup begins by wiping the iPad, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box. But before you take this step, it is a good idea to make sure your iPad is being backed up to the iCloud.
Read more: http://www.restore-iphone-backup.com/

Last edited by kapersang; Mar 19, 2013 at 07:57 AM.
kapersang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 05:48 PM   #9
JLily1030
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to JLily1030
Will it erase my iPad updates as well?

I got a new iPad but since it was on iOS 6.0 & I had my last iPad updated to iOS 6.1 it wouldn't let me back it up to my most recent backup. I'm wondering if I delete everything will it delete the iOS updates? Thanks so much for any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
You restore from iCloud from the setup screen before you even get to the Home screen. If you need to restore from an iCloud backup on a device that is already setup, you need to go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. This will bring you back to the setup screen you see when you first power on the device. As you go through that setup, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or restore from iCloud.
JLily1030 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:06 AM   #10
Cybexdia
macrumors newbie

If you had the backup file on your computer it might be possible using 3rd party software to extract the app data for a specific app from the backup and copy it back to the ipad (for example, see http://www.ipadconverter-mac.com/res...d-from-backup/), however this wouldn't be possible if your only backup is in iCloud. As far as I know there is no mechanism to do anything other than restore the entire backup from iCloud.
Cybexdia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLily1030 View Post
I got a new iPad but since it was on iOS 6.0 & I had my last iPad updated to iOS 6.1 it wouldn't let me back it up to my most recent backup. I'm wondering if I delete everything will it delete the iOS updates? Thanks so much for any help!
Erasing an iOS device doesn't change the version of iOS it is running. You would need to update the version of iOS on the new iPad then restore from your backup.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services