Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Just got my email!...I love the look but am really concerned that its going to make the iPhone look MASSIVE!....hmmmm am in two minds!

Just imagine the case they are going to make for the new 4.8" iPhone!

v3rn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah especially seeing the cheaper waterproof cases coming out soon, I'm just not that excited about this anymore. The Incipio Atlas looks better, is smaller, and is waterproof. And it also has a glass screen protector for a cheaper price.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I pre-ordered the strike. 10 day return if I don't like it. I hate any screen protector.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Is the only difference between the strike and xtreme the "gorilla glass"? I could die without having glass over my phone. How does the phone even register touch with glass over it? Maybe a dumb question but I am really not sure how that works.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just got in my Pre Order this morning and now I just wait and wait and wait :(

It's a race, wonder if I'll get the Otterbox Armor, Incipio Atlas or the TakTik Extreme in first. :rolleyes:

I'll order all three as soon as they are available, one down two to go. ;)

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I've used it and its great. Nothing like the plastic protectors. However I like the actual phone screen and nothing else.
Is the only difference between the strike and xtreme the "gorilla glass"? I could die without having glass over my phone. How does the phone even register touch with glass over it? Maybe a dumb question but I am really not sure how that works.

frankchen855

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013

I was thinking the same thing... I'll probably end up waiting on some more reviews :)

v3rn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2010
Glass will conduct electricity, which is how your touch screen works to begin with. I have a glass screen protector on my phone, and you can't tell it's on. It's literally as smooth and clear as not having a protector on at all. I would even say it prevents fingerprints much better as well. You would not notice the difference between having a glass protector on or not. The only issue is that because the glass is thicker than a standard protector, the home buttons is lower. This can be fixed on the Taktik with a rubber piece, or on the screen protectors like the Bodyguardz Pure and Spigen Glas.tR you can add a small aluminum or plastic home button on top of the original.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Glass will conduct electricity, which is how your touch screen works to begin with. I have a glass screen protector on my phone, and you can't tell it's on. It's literally as smooth and clear as not having a protector on at all. I would even say it prevents fingerprints much better as well. You would not notice the difference between having a glass protector on or not. The only issue is that because the glass is thicker than a standard protector, the home buttons is lower. This can be fixed on the Taktik with a rubber piece, or on the screen protectors like the Bodyguardz Pure and Spigen Glas.tR you can add a small aluminum or plastic home button on top of the original.

That's interesting .thank you!

Bellcross

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
I've used taktik with glass on my 4s. Now it sits in my drawer collecting dust.

The downsides are the glass shield tends to create watermarks if installed on naked phone. But it can be solved by installing any anti glare / matte screen shield, or use the baby powder trick.
The touch senitivity is slightly reduced, on certain areas of the screen it even require some pressure.
Another note, the power/ sleep wake button is somewhat hard to press. The homebutton is responsive, since it has built in epoxy under the case to reach the home button.
I only use it for 1 week, can't stand the massive bulk added to my 4s... :(

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I've used taktik with glass on my 4s. Now it sits in my drawer collecting dust.

The downsides are the glass shield tends to create watermarks if installed on naked phone. But it can be solved by installing any anti glare / matte screen shield, or use the baby powder trick.
The touch senitivity is slightly reduced, on certain areas of the screen it even require some pressure.
Another note, the power/ sleep wake button is somewhat hard to press. The homebutton is responsive, since it has built in epoxy under the case to reach the home button.
I only use it for 1 week, can't stand the massive bulk added to my 4s... :(

Is this the case with the Gorilla Glass?

Daniel212

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Do anyone think the extreme version would work with spigen glas.tr? I really like the look of the extreme version, :)

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
i ended up going with a strike. fingers crossed that it'll work with my bodyguardz pure. i like the look of the red audio jack cover on the extreme, but not the parts that cover the top and bottom of the screen.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Super excited for the strike. I really hope it is closer to 2 weeks than 4 but what are you going to do. As for the red clasp I wished it was but I emailed Lunatik and it is the silver as the pictures show. But they did inform me that in a month that they will have various parts for sale, including the audio plug piece. I think Lunatik is really here to stay. Good for them.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Super excited for the strike. I really hope it is closer to 2 weeks than 4 but what are you going to do. As for the red clasp I wished it was but I emailed Lunatik and it is the silver as the pictures show. But they did inform me that in a month that they will have various parts for sale, including the audio plug piece. I think Lunatik is really here to stay. Good for them.

I think that the new nano being a cheap little peice of junk put a real hurting on their potential earnings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.