Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

jobs_movie_logo-150x150.jpg
Following yesterday's news that the independent film JOBS starring Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs will open in theaters on April 19, ETonline.com has released the first video clip from the film. The brief clip shows Kutcher as Jobs speaking with Josh Gad in the role of Steve Wozniak.
In the clip, Jobs (played by Ashton Kutcher) is raving about the operating system that Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak (played by Josh Gad) created. While Jobs is certain that this will become a ubiquitous product for mass consumption, Wozniak needs convincing.

"Nobody wants to buy a computer," says Wozniak.

"How does somebody know what they want if they've never even seen it?" Jobs replies.
In related news, management appears to have made a change to the styling of the film's title, as there had been a fair amount of confusion and criticism over the original "jOBS" styling, an homage to the "i" naming scheme for Apple's products.

But it appears that in recent weeks various official presences for the film such as a revamped teaser site, Twitter account, and Facebook page have adopted a new all-caps styling for JOBS, with the "J" appearing slightly larger than the other capitalized letters in the film's new promotional logo.

JOBS premieres tomorrow at the Sundance Film Festival ahead of the public release on April 19.

(Thanks, Joel!)

Article Link: First Video Clip of Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
Kutcher from that clip seems believable, good. But Woz, wow, thats all I've got really. That was.....shockingly amateurish acting:(

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC
I'm not knocking anyone's craft, but have either of these two done any research on the mannerisms and behaviors of the people they are supposed to portray? Maybe it's cause it's Steve, that I'm touchy about it?

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
Would have been better off going with some no name guy to take on the roll. Would have felt more authentic. Kutcher is doing okay, and I'll see the movie, but he's got too much of his own presence based on previous stuff to convince Apple people that they're watching Steve Jobs on screen. :apple:

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I like Ashton but this doesn't even come close to Noah Wyle's performance in Pirates. That other guy playing Wozniak is even worse...

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I liked what I saw so far. I only hope it stays true to what is known and doesn't deviate a la the hollywood norm.

Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.