Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Open for discussion. Your thoughts in the wake of the Mini for $329 doing well and outselling larger iPads, a cheaper rumored iPhone, and competition from other tablet manufactures.

What say you?

mireille

macrumors member
May 25, 2011
Open for discussion. Your thoughts in the wake of the Mini for $329 doing well and outselling larger iPads, a cheaper rumored iPhone, and competition from other tablet manufactures.

What say you?

You do realize they are both made by the same company, right?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Never!! Apple's premium products are what make them so attractive to buyers of even the Mini, so it won't happen, that would be like Apple stopping production of the iPod Touch due to the iPad Nano doing well, it won't happen.

So the Mini is doing well, I'm pretty sure we all saw that coming, they may just reduce the amount of big iPads produced, but they won't stop.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
If it is cheaper, more may be inclined to upgrade what they already own (depending on which one they have obviously).

I don't think the asking price being lower for the next one is far fetched at all. Time will tell.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
The price won't go down, but the insides might get nicer: more RAM, a better processor, GPS, better cameras, and maybe some major improvements to iOS. I'll buy it :) But, I doubt I'll ever buy a Mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.