Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Flexoid
macrumors newbie

Work with uiimage

How create app like this:
Left of the line image black and white, right - color. Line is animated. How to do it?
Flexoid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
I would have two seperate UIImageViews, one with the black and white version and one with color (and maybe a third with the red line.)

To generate the black and white version, I think you should look at CGFilters (I believe that's what they're called... I've experimented with them before but never used them in an actual app.)

Edit: oh, and I'd shift the bounds/frame around on whichever image is ontop when the slider is moving.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Flexoid
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
I would have two seperate UIImageViews, one with the black and white version and one with color (and maybe a third with the red line.)

To generate the black and white version, I think you should look at CGFilters (I believe that's what they're called... I've experimented with them before but never used them in an actual app.)

Edit: oh, and I'd shift the bounds/frame around on whichever image is ontop when the slider is moving.
Can show the approximate code?
Flexoid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:11 PM   #4
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexoid View Post
Can show the approximate code?
No, I think you should research the things I mentioned and give it a shot yourself first. I (and everyone else on the forums) will be available for help if you're not able to figure some of it out yourself, but we're not going to do all of it for you.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:36 PM   #5
KoolStar
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to KoolStar Send a message via Skype™ to KoolStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
No, I think you should research the things I mentioned and give it a shot yourself first. I (and everyone else on the forums) will be available for help if you're not able to figure some of it out yourself, but we're not going to do all of it for you.
I second this, you dont learn anything without trying yourself.

As a bit of a tip.

Top View = Redbar that you can touch (touchesBegin/touchesEnd methods).
Next View Down = Color Image
Next View Down = BW Image (CIFilters).

This would be the easiest approach with out doing partial image filters. is to use two image that you change the bounds just like @ArtOfWarfare suggested.

Any questions we would be happy to answer but not writing all the code for you.

As another suggestion you may check out http://cocoacontrols.com. They may have something similar to what you want.

----------

Also if you would like to go with the approach of using a single image and filters you will need to use CIFilter Maps.

https://developer.apple.com/mac/libr...reference.html

-----------

Here is a sample control after a little google time. http://www.cocoacontrols.com/platfor.../wcbeforeafter

Last edited by KoolStar; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Fixed from CGFilter to CIFilters they are under CoreImage.
KoolStar is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming