Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
what's up with the misalignment in this pic?

mx2gkw.png

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I got one and I'm happy with it!! It has all the brandings of lunatik! Paid $50 after I got it my wife was jealous so I had to order her one!!

Go ahead and order it guys forget paying 125 for one that's not even out yet!!

I'm posting from my iPhone so I will post pics later on today

----------

Of you can go to this link and see the pics I already posted on another site

http://niketalk.com/t/507071/offici...es-thread-cases-cords-docks/330#post_17064004

Looks great for a Fake case.
I already ordered one from Lunatik and now just wait forever to receive it. I would like to order one of the fake ones to compare to the real one when it arrives. Might just do that. How do you know that "Gorilla Glass" is real? LOL :)

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Yea I noticed that too but once I snapped my phone in and played with it it aligned it self correctly.. I can re take the pic when I get the chance

----------

Idk how tell if the glass is real lol is there a way to do that???

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
Yea I noticed that too but once I snapped my phone in and played with it it aligned it self correctly..

is that small piece glued on? it is hard to tell from the pics, but if you said you were able to align it i'm assuming it is? not knocking the case, though- i was tempted to get one myself, but i wanted one w/o the screen protector.

@Hooterville, if you end up getting one from ebay i'd love to hear your impressions on the differences (if any).

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
here is another pic of the bottom

Attachments

• 2013012495153053.jpg
    2013012495153053.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 682

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
Is that a 4s or 5?

the audio jack cover is on the bottom lol.

is the audio jack cover plastic or aluminum? anyone know if the ones that you get direct from lunatic are plastic or aluminum?

also, how is the responsiveness of the screen? any noticeable loss? that seemed to be a common complaint in reviews i read. and is there any rainbowing?

Last edited:

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
the audio jack cover on mines is a metal material

but all im saying for 50 bucks im very satisfied! if you spend 125 on this case and barely see a difference from mines than i wonder where that extra 75 you spent on yours went

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth

is the audio jack cover plastic or aluminum? anyone know if the ones that you get direct from lunatic are plastic or aluminum?

also, how is the responsiveness of the screen? any noticeable loss? that seemed to be a common complaint in reviews i read. and is there any rainbowing?

Yeah and in the pics he posted on the other site the box says 4, 4s and 5. Can't be all of them

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
^true, which leads me to believe the box isn't official from lunatik. its obvious from the pics though that he has an iphone 5.

also, we should try to avoid turning this into a flame war. everyone has their own reasons for making the purchases that they do. no need to knock the next guy because of our own insecurities.

is the audio jack cover cold to the touch? for some reason, i have my doubts that its aluminum. also, can you answer my questions about the screen above. thanks for taking the pics btw.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Yeah and in the pics he posted on the other site the box says 4, 4s and 5. Can't be all of them

Plus the box has the 4/4S pictured on the back. I still would like to get one of the fakes to compare to the real one when it arrives. :eek:

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013

Oh I didn't see your question but yes the screen is very responsive if I could take a video and post it on YouTube I will but when I'm posting from my phone which I am now I don't see any lag..

The only thing I don't like about the glass is it has a some glare/reflection more than the iPhone... Also there is some rainbow I think but not to the point where it's annoying it almost looks like my friends otter box with the plastic screen over the iPhones screen if you know what I mean...

Daniel212

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Oh I didn't see your question but yes the screen is very responsive if I could take a video and post it on YouTube I will but when I'm posting from my phone which I am now I don't see any lag..

The only thing I don't like about the glass is it has a some glare/reflection more than the iPhone... Also there is some rainbow I think but not to the point where it's annoying it almost looks like my friends otter box with the plastic screen over the iPhones screen if you know what I mean...
How is the feel of the case? Does it feel cheaply made?

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
How is the feel of the case? Does it feel cheaply made?

I really don't know how to answer this question but for $50 I think it was worth it compared to otter boxes who almost charges the same after taxes.. I had plenty of cases and I would have to say this one I have now is the best. Every one who sees my phone always ask me what kind of case is that and I have to explain to them how I got it starting to get annoying lol

Daniel212

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
I really don't know how to answer this question but for $50 I think it was worth it compared to otter boxes who almost charges the same after taxes.. I had plenty of cases and I would have to say this one I have now is the best. Every one who sees my phone always ask me what kind of case is that and I have to explain to them how I got it starting to get annoying lol

Do you think I can pop the screen protector out and the case will fit nicely with spigen glas.tr?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.