Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you like to see in the new iPhone

• Bigger Battery

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Bigger Screen

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Thinner

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Intel Core i7 Extreme 3940XM processor (fastest processor in a laptop)
20 GB DDR6 3000MHz RAM
10 TB of flash
10G networking
200 MP camera with ability to focus onto an atom
2,000,000 day battery
All in a case that's 2 mm thin :D

:apple:

markintosh

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Boise, ID
Change Default Apps?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned adding the ability to switch default apps...(I know, that would be an iOS feature, but come on!).

Would be nice to be able to set default applications to open rather than it going to all of the Apple Apps.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
iPhone 5S Wishes and Wants List

I just wanted to to know what are you guys iPhone 5S wishes and wants? Personally I want same thickness we don't want this look like a iPod Touch so much. Also I want a bigger battery or pack more battery cells in it. I want a faster processor a new camera.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
iPhone 5s wishes and wants

Longer battery life
5 inch screen
faster processor:cool:
new camera

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I just wanted to to know what are you guys iPhone 5S wishes and wants? Personally I want same thickness we don't want this look like a iPod Touch so much. Also I want a bigger battery or pack more battery cells in it. I want a faster processor a new camera.

So you want a faster processor and a new camera but don't offer those in your poll for us to vote for?? Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
iPhone 5s or whatever next it will be called must be scuff proof. For now am sticking with the white iP5...

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
How many times do you use picture in picture on your TV? Pop up video is useless.

----------

I have use it. And it's still crap that takes up most of the screen space. Not for me.

Forget my tv which does have it LOL I use this everyday, multiple times! Sorry but not everyone's life is as exciting as yours :D

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Siri with system wide access. How much battery do I have left? Turn on Bluetooth. Turn off Wifi.

spybenj

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
since the iPhone 4 I've wanted an IR blaster built in. Now that Samsung and HTC are doing it, maybe apple will

powerwagon

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment again. It'll be a new "revolutionary" processor and camera upgrade with the same exact phone body/screen/OS. The best predictor of the future is the past, and Apple has had 0 innovation to get excited about in the last 3-4 years.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment again. It'll be a new "revolutionary" processor and camera upgrade with the same exact phone body/screen/OS. The best predictor of the future is the past, and Apple has had 0 innovation to get excited about in the last 3-4 years.

I agree that the 5s won't be a huge leap however if they add NFC and the fingerprint sensor I think it will be a step in the right direction!

Ahhh I can't wait for a cashless society :D

mapledress

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Wish the iPhone 5s can get a bigger screen. May be 4.5inch is perfect. :)
Also hope it can bring us a better camera just as the camera on the galaxy s4.

----------

this ^^

and this ^^

everything else I can care less about...

Wonderful suggestion. A new UI design could make the iPhone 5s perfect.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
I like technology to support a nuclear battery capable of powering the iPhone for 2 years without charging, all in a size that fits the current model...

Just need an isotope that has a half life near two years and cram enough into a beta battery...that and for terrorists to swear never to use it for dirty bombs...

Seriously though, I'd love to see a notification light that is hidden in the case, as well as gesture based controls.

----------

That's a given seeing as its an "s" model coming...faster is ALWAYS appreciated.

Edit: I'd be an iPhone forever kinda fan if they got away from mechanical push button and lack of gestures. I love my 4s when jailbroken because of the tweaks that allow me to use my home button just to wake the phone. I love swiping here and there to do various tasks.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I know it's not going to happen but I'm hoping the first big shock of the Tim Cook era is skipping the iPhone 5s and going straight to the iPhone 6 with a 4.5-5" screen. Then keep selling the current iPhone 5 for those who don't want the larger screen.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
I'd like to have access to common functions like WiFi on/off, bluetooth on/off, brightness and airplane mode by swiping down the notification center. just a row of buttons across the top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.