Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1
chumawumba
Banned

Buying an I-Phone

So I have had my Motorola razr since 2005, and i want to buy a new phone. My friend told me to get a Smart-Phone, and he said they can surf the internet. He told me that the I-Phone is a nice phone, and there are multiple types of them. He said that I should not get them on Apple main internet website because they charge too much. He told me to get it from http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-2G-8GB-Black/dp/B004ZLV4CI because I can get it for only 85 bucks! Sounds like a bargain to me! My budget is around $250, and this looks swell. My only concern is that, is this a newer I-Phone, or should I get a different model. I believe this is the newest, because someone mentioned to me that the newest I-Phone is two-tone, and this one looks two tone because it is black and silver. I am also concerned whether this will support the latest Apple Mobile Software. (I believe it is called I-OS 6). Please tell me what you think! By the way, the only other Apple product I own is a eMac, which is blazing fast!
chumawumba is offline   0
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2
old-wiz
macrumors 604

the 2G is older. I am not even sure it would run IOS6. Current model is iPhone 5, then 4S, then 4, then 3GS, then 3, then 2 (I hope i have it in right order).

It's definitely slower than the current phones, and I wouldn't try IOS 6 on it. the 2G won't run games well at all.
old-wiz is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland