Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1
eclipse
macrumors 6502a

iMovie '11: How to maximise Hard Drive?

Hi all,
I'm a bit confused about how Events relates to Projects. Events seem to store all the imported clips which we then edit in Projects. So far so good, and I've made quite a few projects.

But what happens from a data point of view? When I burn a Project to DVD for viewing, does it create an extra file that is stored? Do all the clips used in a Project repeat all the data in the events? EG: Does iMovie store MY FILE 1 in the Events and then copy all that data to a separate file, MY FILE 2, in the Project when I got to edit it? All the transitions etc must use up more data, etc.

Finally: to parents out there who have hours and hours of family movie footage: how are you storing it for the long haul? Do you have an iMovie format you finalise your projects in and just go with that edited movie Project and delete your Events, or do you keep them all in Events forever in case you want to edit something else down the track, and just buy bigger and bigger hard drives?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video