Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Picked this up the other day. An electric bike and I am thrilled with it. I can ride about 20 miles without pedaling and 30+ if I do pedal. Speed is about 20 mph.

Great for running quick errands around town and gives the Jeep (at a whopping 14mpg) a rest. Plus a full battery charge costs about 8 cents :D

I got the "unisex" step through model because after test driving many e-bikes, the back end tends to be very heavy with the motor and battery so the step through model is much more manageable and balanced than the mountain-bike style.

To reflect on previous posts - it's no scooter or Harley, but it's a ton of fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 69

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
This! As of today I am a Canadian Citizen, after living here for 8 years :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 64

Mr.Outside

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
United States
Gas price is @ $3.49 which is VERY LOW comparing many previous years and you're still wising regular gas? maybe a hybrid would be better for you.

Wait...what? I dont understand what you're saying. I'm not really complaining, just stating that my car requires at least 91 octane. Which where I'm at is premium. Why would I need a hybrid and what is "wising?"

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
240 gb toshiba 1.8" hdd and 240 gb engraved ipod back - to upgrade my classic because I am just about to run out of space..and because I got the two together for just $70. Also picked up black keyboard decal because I want to give using a moshi clearguard a break, and I got a vinyl decal from etsy for the macbook air.

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
I'm pretty sure whatever car you have, you can fill regular; you'll just have knocking in cold weather.

That's...pretty wrong. The risk of knocking/incorrect ignition timing/detonation/etc rises substantially as the operating temperature of the motor increases, which is usually in hot weather.

To put octane ratings in a nutshell for the sake of this thread- the higher the octane rating, the more difficult the fuel is to ignite (whether that's by spark or compression). That makes a huge difference for motors with high compression ratios as well as forced induction motors, where lower octane fuels are easily ignited from compression in the cylinder alone under pretty leisurely operating conditions. At the least, it'll put those motors into a failsafe mode with hardly any power and at worst you'll have a very damaged motor.

The generally accepted interpretation of cars that *recommend* high octane fuel is that the manufacturer expected some use of lower octane fuels, and thusly the ECU, through various sensors, is able to create a safe operating environment for the lower octane fuel. You may not get the same peak horsepower or efficiency out of the motor, but that trade off is worth it for a lot of people (my Mom, for example, has put 87 in her RX300 since day one with no issues and no loss of fuel economy, but the motor is rarely asked to venture beyond 3500rpm).

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
/"\/oo\/"\;16722280 said:
That's...pretty wrong. The risk of knocking/incorrect ignition timing/detonation/etc rises substantially as the operating temperature of the motor increases, which is usually in hot weather.

You're right. I meant to say hot weather.

Nonetheless, you can use regular. Not that I would ;)

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
An 8GB iPod nano V4. Used but in pretty good condition. I actually bought it to keep myself from using data while using public transport (± 2.5-3 hours a day) but then I also got myself a 3GB upgrade on top of my 500MB data limit.

So I'm just going to use it to play music anyways and save some of my phone's juice instead.

Great little device, I've always wanted one secretly :D

MB754LLA-NOHS-U-2.jpg

Randall McQuady

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Sweet

got the YAMAHA RBX-270J YNS bass

thus completing a super cool yamaha set (electric guitar, bass & the thr10); whilst the ipad's garage band gives me some rhythm to practice on.

next stop, sony a77 coz the iP4 cam sucks majorly major majority thingy majors. My lighting & framing too.

That, is a beautiful bass guitar. Congratulations dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.