Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strauss884

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Ordered Jan 8th

27" base imac w/ 1 TB fusion drive

Still processing

Estimated Ship Date- Feb 5-Feb 12th

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
I'm seeing a lot of people having estimated dates of delivery, I ordered mine on the 7th Jan and I'm still processing but instead of a delivery estimate date it simply says "January" :-(

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
yes anyone can edit it

same order date right? 9/1 and you live up the road?

a lot of factories in China are closed. that is fact. I do not know for certain if the Apple factory is one of them but it is likely. ( i know someone who lives and works there) Its Chinese new year and it is a big deal.

again... Ive seen little/if any in the way of order status changing this week, So it is an educated guess based on the change from last week to this and the Chinese holidays, and the fact that at the same time the 21" models extended their delivery window.

I'd love to be wrong though!

I thought I might add Chinese New Year does not start this year until Feb 10, 2013. Nothing should be closed down yet, but when Feb 10, gets here they may have a Skeleton crew working or may not close at all due to Apple's Request to remain working but not sure Apple can do that or not. Guess we will find out Feb 10th.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I thought I might add Chinese New Year does not start this year until Feb 10, 2013. Nothing should be closed down yet, but when Feb 10, gets here they may have a Skeleton crew working or may not close at all due to Apple's Request to remain working but not sure Apple can do that or not. Guess we will find out Feb 10th.

my friend says some factories are closed already.

however.

GOOD news.

apple have taken the money today.

fingers crossed.. i need this mac before i lose any more money turning down work!

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
my friend says some factories are closed already.

however.

GOOD news.

apple have taken the money today.

fingers crossed.. i need this mac before i lose any more money turning down work!

You were right before by the way.

How did you pay? I used a CC but nothing taken today. Surely your status will change v.soon if they have taken the money.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
You were right before by the way.

How did you pay? I used a CC but nothing taken today. Surely your status will change v.soon if they have taken the money.

I paid by debit card.

but literally that money was taken a couple of hours ago. It was still there this morning.

Yours should go soon? maybe CC online transactions might take longer to show up

I'm still processing though. ( and wearing out my iphone screen pressing refresh)

trying not to get my hopes up. But my bank say the money has gone gone, not just a pre-auth.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
Well, seems you are close. You ordered the 9th? I ordered the 16th, best bet, I still have 7 days before my money is withdrawn from my account.

lalalara3

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I'm seeing a lot of people having estimated dates of delivery, I ordered mine on the 7th Jan and I'm still processing but instead of a delivery estimate date it simply says "January" :-(

Yeah I ordered mine on Jan 3, 3TB, still in process, and no estimated delivery date ANYWHERE, just "available to ship in January"...

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Yeah I ordered mine on Jan 3, 3TB, still in process, and no estimated delivery date ANYWHERE, just "available to ship in January"...

Yea because shortly after they changed it to 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure if its better that ours says "January" or worse. I've ordered the following spec which I'm not sure if that's what's holding it up as well.

3.4Ghz core i7
16GB Ram
GeForce 680MX 2GB
3TB Fusion Drive
Apple Magic Mouse and Trackpad
Wireless keyboard
Apple USB SuperDrive
Apple Battery charger

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
I'll admit that the Fusion Drive sounds like a great thing in theory.

Original I was against Fusion drive and my preference would have been the 256GB SSD + 1/2/3TB HDD like the 2011's and manage it myself.

However after reading some of the more in depth reviews, I'm thinking I'll give it a try (I ordered 3TB Fusion), if I find it's not performing as expected (i.e. constantly shifting files around and potentially the wrong files) I'll split the fusion drive and run the two drives as separate volumes and go back to managing it myself.

SmithCommaJohn

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I'm in California. Ordered on 1/5, and I just got an email from Apple saying that it's shipped. The wait is almost over!

I have a feeling that these last few days of waiting are going to seem the longest.

sf23103

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
IMAC 27"/QC
Processor: 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB (Buying more from OWC)
Storage: 768GB Flash Storage
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Mouse/Magic Trackpad: Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard and Documentation: Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) / User's Guide (English)

Ordered 1/2/13, still processing. However about a week ago it added "Sent to Manufacturing" to the status.

magicsleeper

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
Belgium, Gent
27 inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple WL keyboard

Ordered January 7
Expected Delivery Feb 7-14

Last edited:

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Amazon says i can have the $1999 imac 27 in my house by feb 5 if i order now. How is this possible with all the delays?

I've seen that Amazon page. Expected in stock on February 2nd, or something, right? If it's expected in stock on the 2nd, really, you could have it to your house by the 3rd. With overnight shipping. I have Amazon Prime, so I get free Two-Day shipping, and $3.99 per item Overnight shipping. Which would have been pretty cool. $3.99 Overnight Shipping for a 27" iMac, LOL.

-------------------

Dangit!!! I ordered mine on the 10th. I'm getting really really impatient lately. As it gets closer and closer to the time where it could possibly ship, the anticipation builds more and more. I better start wearing adult diapers cause I'm liable to ***** myself once I check my credit card and see the charge, or if I check Apple.com and see "Preparing For Shipment". LOL

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've seen that Amazon page. Expected in stock on February 2nd, or something, right? If it's expected in stock on the 2nd, really, you could have it to your house by the 3rd. With overnight shipping. I have Amazon Prime, so I get free Two-Day shipping, and $3.99 per item Overnight shipping. Which would have been pretty cool. $3.99 Overnight Shipping for a 27" iMac, LOL.

-------------------

Dangit!!! I ordered mine on the 10th. I'm getting really really impatient lately. As it gets closer and closer to the time where it could possibly ship, the anticipation builds more and more. I better start wearing adult diapers cause I'm liable to ***** myself once I check my credit card and see the charge, or if I check Apple.com and see "Preparing For Shipment". LOL

I just ordered with 1 day prime and I expect it the 5th!

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
There has been a minor change of state with my order, the 'Cancel' button is no longer available under 'Processing Items' :)

(ordered 7'th jan)

ImaWizard

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Michigan USA
There has been a minor change of state with my order, the 'Cancel' button is no longer available under 'Processing Items' :)

(ordered 7'th jan)

Oh man... I don't know if I could handle that. Way too much anticipation. I need all or nothing, none of this half ass business.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA

(ordered 7'th jan)

Well that just went and got me excited as I had ordered on the 6th, but upon checking (for the bazillionth time this week), my 'Cancel' button is still just as bright and shiny as ever. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.