Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenCampbell

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
iTunes is not letting me play videos that I purchased from the store in the past, saying that I need to authorize my machine to play videos purchased from that account.

I changed my email address about a year ago, so it wants authentication from my previous Apple ID, but the password I had for that is not working, and it's not sending the verification emails to any of the email addresses that could have been the rescue email for that account.

I've tried all the passwords that it could have possibly been.. so it's just not letting me in.. I even tried to authenticate online by answering the security questions, and the first step is to verify my date of birth, and it says the information is wrong! So clearly the account is just locked, or disabled or something. But if I can't use it, I can't authenticate my machine to play all these TV shows....

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
iTunes is not letting me play videos that I purchased from the store in the past, saying that I need to authorize my machine to play videos purchased from that account.

I changed my email address about a year ago, so it wants authentication from my previous Apple ID, but the password I had for that is not working, and it's not sending the verification emails to any of the email addresses that could have been the rescue email for that account.

I've tried all the passwords that it could have possibly been.. so it's just not letting me in.. I even tried to authenticate online by answering the security questions, and the first step is to verify my date of birth, and it says the information is wrong! So clearly the account is just locked, or disabled or something. But if I can't use it, I can't authenticate my machine to play all these TV shows....

Call Apple Support?

Not much we can do about an account issue here. Apple is the only one that can help you with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.