Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Genius mix help.

I have a lot of christmas music that i love around christmas time. I recently signed up for iTunes Match and several genius mixes were created and some of them include christmas songs.

Short of removing the christmas music from iTunes what is the best way to keep them isolated from the genius mixes and from any "shuffle" all songs.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

Try just unchecking them in iTunes, that should make them not play and consequently not show in the Genius Mixes.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:51 AM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Try just unchecking them in iTunes, that should make them not play and consequently not show in the Genius Mixes.

jW
Wow thanks, i never even thought of that. Im at work so i will try that when i get home, any idea if that would also keep them from playing if i tell Siri to shuffle play all songs ( because that is what i want to happen).
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:55 PM   #4
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

jW
I was able to try that, and it did not work in the way i thought it might. I was hoping that the "unchecked" songs would no longer apear on my iPhone.

I even turned off iTunes match on the phone and then turned it on, but the "unchecked" music was still there.

Any other thoughts, before i just pull them out of iTunes until next christmas.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:40 PM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Any other ideas before I just pull the Christmas music out of iTunes.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:53 PM   #6
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

So ijust ended up pulling the christmas music out of iTunes, i could not find another way.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:18 AM   #7
moderately
macrumors regular

I used to keep a smart playlist called "all" that included any music added since 1954 (or some past date) and included only checked songs. You could leave christmas checked and just exclude genre holiday. Smart playlists are your friends.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:02 AM   #8
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderately View Post
I used to keep a smart playlist called "all" that included any music added since 1954 (or some past date) and included only checked songs. You could leave christmas checked and just exclude genre holiday. Smart playlists are your friends.
Thanks for that, i ended up just pulling the songs out. I love having Siri and asking her to play a specific Artist, doing that i would end up getting a few christmas songs in there.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store