Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I need a Thunderbolt Display starting next week, but in well aware that a new one is likely coming very soon. Which store has the longest return policy? I plan to keep it in perfect conduction in case a new one gets released soon.

I know Apple Store does 14 days and Best Buy does 30 days, anything longer than 30 days?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Considering that the 27" iMac is still on 3-4 week shipping delay, I really don't expect to see a new ATD announced in the near future and even if announced, I would expect significant shipping delays (on the order of months like with the 27" iMac).

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I'm hearing rumors that new TBD won't be refreshed until the Mac Pros are refreshed. I honestly would not expect new TBD's until either spring or summer.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
I need a Thunderbolt Display starting next week, but in well aware that a new one is likely coming very soon. Which store has the longest return policy? I plan to keep it in perfect conduction in case a new one gets released soon.

I know Apple Store does 14 days and Best Buy does 30 days, anything longer than 30 days?

60 days at Best Buy for Premier Silver members.

New TBD won't be around for some time and won't be here in a few weeks. Apple has to sort out 27" iMac supply issues. Currently backlogged 3-4 weeks. Won't see a new ATD for several more months.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks everyone for the responses. There was a story here about 3 weeks ago that supply was running short at 3rd party retailers, however, you can see that on Amazon it's back in supply now. That has pretty much dashed my hopes of getting a new one soon.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks everyone for the responses. There was a story here about 3 weeks ago that supply was running short at 3rd party retailers, however, you can see that on Amazon it's back in supply now. That has pretty much dashed my hopes of getting a new one soon.

That is correct. You won't see a new one for some time. 27" iMac supplies need to get sorted before you see a new ATD. Just be patient. I know it is hard sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.