Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam22

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Retina Mini will be pretty nice. I wonder what the price change will be if any? I don't think I can wait that long. I see a regular mini in my near future. :)

I agree with you I'm waiting for the second gen. Hopefully it comes out march I need an ipad !!!!! Mini..... I sold my ipad 2 ,so I'm ipad less right now lol

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Invitations for iOS 7 event in March/April . Presentation in May . iPhone with iOS 7 launch July

Yeah, but sort of boring when Apple releases their entire product line all at once. Products launches throughout the year are better.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
No quad-core upgrade? :confused: I doubt Apple would release a new model w/ only a rear camera upgrade.

I hope not. I am still holding out for some new IOS features.

An increase in processing speed and a new camera will not be enough for me to look at 5s. (Even using another family members upgrade)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
The hardware doesn't really need much changing. Spec bump should be sufficient. Software improvements are probably top priority for Apple right now.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Expected. Isn't it obvious already?
Each forthcoming phone (except for the S lineup) has dramatic hardware changes. The "S" lineup has minimal hardware changes, although decent software changes, with the exception of the 3GS, standing for Speed ;)

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
O.M.G. must buy the same phone again just to get better rear facing camera...take my $$$ :apple:

Well said and so true.

I'm done upgrading iphone until a substantial upgrade happens. It is amazing how many people do spend big dollars to simply upgrade small features. I guess that's what apple are counting on.

But I think that model isn't going to work forever. It's clear that people are shifting away to other brand phones already.

Xero910

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
I already miss the iPad Spring releases. Fall seems like a bad time. They're just going to run into supply constraints again.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Everyone! Chill!

If the new iPhone is bound in the summer, and the next iPads are in the fall, then that tells you that a fully redesigned iOS is not out of the question. Brand new OS for brand new devices, both coming in the latter half of the year.

Big question for us is what fills the first 6 months? Won't be computers. Something new?

10.9 and iOS 7 previews.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I agree.

I don't think there's going to be a huge change hardware-wise with the 5S. iOS 7 and 8 will be key IMO - timing of the release and how much time Ive and co. has to put their stamp on it. The iP5 harware wise is great, it's the software that I think has a lot of people wanting (except those who simply want bigger screens).

But what could they add with IOS 7 that would be exciting. Most of the IOS upgrades don't seem to have that WOW factor.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I already miss the iPad Spring releases. Fall seems like a bad time. They're just going to run into supply constraints again.

Fall releases are great times - just before the Christmas crush. You get a new product out the door with lots of excitement - see lots of sales for the holidays :)

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I really hope this is not true. Ive already sold my ipad 2 because I was planning on getting an ipad mini 2 in march. I doubt that apple will wait until October. But it would suck if they did because I cant wait until october for the ipad mini

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
I am beginning to think the S versions are the skip versions now.

Actually, the 'S' cycle phones are probably the ones to wait for after the problems are ironed out of phone that precedes it.

For example, the 4S is way better than the 4, albeit the same form factor.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Next iphone should have some radical features... An upgrade to camera= major disappointment .. Huge market share loss.
I hope they have not grown that stupid!

Now if they implement the finger print detection technology... Sky is the limit with what can be done. And that should be a serious game changer and differentiation!

No one cares if the cam is 8 or 13 mpix

I for one think a larger iPhone with old aspect ratio is the right product!

Fingerprint readers...I guess that could be sorta cool depending on what Apple does with it in terms of a meeting an important need.

Still iOS7 is probably the most significant upgrade Apple can offer at this point for all iOS devices.

Mobile hardware is quickly pushing the limits of superfluous, but software has a lot of room to grow. iOS was a revolution for mobile operating systems, and everyone has benefitted, including competitors, but now it seems like Apple is in incremental mode.

I'm hoping Eddie Que brings more OSX functionality into iOS.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
And the speculation starts! LOL!

I just want some nice upgrades in iOS.... not much else to do with hardware except keep upgrading the insides. Not that it's a bad thing, but would like something really new... like the mythical Apple TV. :)

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by how much faster the iPhone 5 feels than iPhone 4S. Or more precisely you begin to notice areas where the 4S feels slower than the iPhone 5. :(

This is probably true, but at the end of day, will that really matter? Does it justify the cost and entrapment of a 2 year contract for most people who upgrade? It might be argued that it doesn't.

But - that said - a lot of people do. I just wonder how long people will put up with that, especially with a lot of good competition on the horizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.