Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Jord5i
macrumors member

Import pages document in another pages document

Hey all,

I have been working on some stuff, in several documents, using Pages' templates.
Now a problem occurs, for example my resume (using a resume template), has to be copied in another pages document. Copy pasting won't do, as it won't copy the template stuff (the little images, textboxes etc).

Is there a good way of doing this? Haven't been able to find out.

Any help would be appreciated
Jord5i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord5i View Post
Hey all,

I have been working on some stuff, in several documents, using Pages' templates.
Now a problem occurs, for example my resume (using a resume template), has to be copied in another pages document. Copy pasting won't do, as it won't copy the template stuff (the little images, textboxes etc).

Is there a good way of doing this? Haven't been able to find out.

Any help would be appreciated
I haven't tried this my self... but... have you tried the obvious? Which is:
1) Open both documents, with the thumbnails visible (left side bar).
2) Drag the thumbnail(s) from the 1st document to the sidebar of the 2nd document, and drop.

Post back if this doesn't work. I'll be at my work computer today, and can play around then.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Jord5i
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snberk103 View Post
I haven't tried this my self... but... have you tried the obvious? Which is:
1) Open both documents, with the thumbnails visible (left side bar).
2) Drag the thumbnail(s) from the 1st document to the sidebar of the 2nd document, and drop.

Post back if this doesn't work. I'll be at my work computer today, and can play around then.

Thanks! It works, well I couldn't get the drag and drop to work, but right-clicking the thumbnail, then copy pasting it did.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:06 PM   #4
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Wow, this is terrific, thanks! I was wondering how to do this and have given up in frustration in the past. Can't wait to try this.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Jord5i
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickettGrrrl View Post
Wow, this is terrific, thanks! I was wondering how to do this and have given up in frustration in the past. Can't wait to try this.
I had just 1 issue, even though it is in the same document, it still kinda acts like it are different documents. When you add page numbers, or fill in the bottom or top row thingies, they only work for the pages that were originally in that document. Kinda weird.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:11 AM   #6
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord5i View Post
I had just 1 issue, even though it is in the same document, it still kinda acts like it are different documents. When you add page numbers, or fill in the bottom or top row thingies, they only work for the pages that were originally in that document. Kinda weird.
Hi!
I just tried it but could only place the new document at the beginning or the end of the first document, not in between.

Page numbers don't show for me unless I print (perhaps there is a setting to show them on screen but I don't know it, yet ) ---so I don't know if that is affected like your document. You mentioned a problem with your Headers & Footers --but in my test, the new document changed to the first document's Headers & Footers, even if placed at the top.

Hmmmm, little quirks, --but this still a very useful tip which i will use in future!
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Jord5i
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickettGrrrl View Post
Hi!
I just tried it but could only place the new document at the beginning or the end of the first document, not in between.

Page numbers don't show for me unless I print (perhaps there is a setting to show them on screen but I don't know it, yet ) ---so I don't know if that is affected like your document. You mentioned a problem with your Headers & Footers --but in my test, the new document changed to the first document's Headers & Footers, even if placed at the top.

Hmmmm, little quirks, --but this still a very useful tip which i will use in future!
Yeah it doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it keeps lay-out etc. So I'm happy.
Jord5i is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store