Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Critterbug
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Critterbug
iCloud Calendar repeat event issues

Hi there!
So, I run a business and, needless to say, every appointment is in my icloud calendar. Most of the events are repeat, with various intervals, and an end date of "never". The last few months - and it's getting worse lately - when I change an event, it creates a new event, and often changes the "never" to "end on date".
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a known fix? Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I get home and have to go on the computer to clean the whole thing out. Totally nutty!
TIA

Anyone else have this issue? Apple can't seem to fix it.

Last edited by Critterbug; Nov 4, 2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: No replies
Critterbug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Critterbug
macrumors member

Ongoing Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critterbug View Post
Hi there!
So, I run a business and, needless to say, every appointment is in my icloud calendar. Most of the events are repeat, with various intervals, and an end date of "never". The last few months - and it's getting worse lately - when I change an event, it creates a new event, and often changes the "never" to "end on date".
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a known fix? Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I get home and have to go on the computer to clean the whole thing out. Totally nutty!
TIA

Anyone else have this issue? Apple can't seem to fix it.
So, this is still going on. Getting worse. I've phoned Apple several times, and no fix. I have been able to notice it happening when I'm using Calendar on my Air. It seems to be the problem device.
Does anyone have an idea of how I can deal with this? The holiday season is coming up, and needless to say, having Christmas and New Years in the middle of the work week is wreaking havoc, and creating many, many duplicate events.
I'd so appreciate if someone could consider the issue and make some suggestions.
Again, TIA.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Daria
macrumors member

I'm not very knowledgeable, but noticed your post as I'm having trouble with Contacts in the cloud.

This occurs to me, though. Why not make your next change by logging directly into the web iCloud interface and see if you change or new event stays put so to speak by you're doing it directly in your iCloud space.

I know, I know, the whole point of having the cloud is so we can make new or change old dates and contacts in any of our devices. I'm going to make a few tests like this with my contacts, and see if putting them in the Cloud first somehow makes the syncing to the devices more reliable.

If this is crazy, just ignore me, lol. But since no one else has come along, I thought I just mention it.

The Cloud has lost four if my important contacts, that I know of. And it has duplicated and triplicated many other contacts. Makes me crazy. I had not one problem with contacts when syncing via USB. I fault iCloud.

Sorry for being a tad bit off topic. But I think the cause of your problem and mine is the faulty function of iCloud.

I've spent HOURS with Apple Care concerning my problems and it sounds true for you as well.
Daria is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Critterbug
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria View Post
I'm not very knowledgeable, but noticed your post as I'm having trouble with Contacts in the cloud.

This occurs to me, though. Why not make your next change by logging directly into the web iCloud interface and see if you change or new event stays put so to speak by you're doing it directly in your iCloud space.

I know, I know, the whole point of having the cloud is so we can make new or change old dates and contacts in any of our devices. I'm going to make a few tests like this with my contacts, and see if putting them in the Cloud first somehow makes the syncing to the devices more reliable.

If this is crazy, just ignore me, lol. But since no one else has come along, I thought I just mention it.

The Cloud has lost four if my important contacts, that I know of. And it has duplicated and triplicated many other contacts. Makes me crazy. I had not one problem with contacts when syncing via USB. I fault iCloud.

Sorry for being a tad bit off topic. But I think the cause of your problem and mine is the faulty function of iCloud.

I've spent HOURS with Apple Care concerning my problems and it sounds true for you as well.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I've done that. It's spotty, and so they can't figure it out, though I have been able to replicate it mostly using Calendar on the Air.
Hours and hours. I've just been keeping an eye on it, but as it turns out, it lost another appointment for today. It's done that twice now. The last time was my impetus for yet another tech call. No time today.
Oh well, I feel for you, and I don't consider your post off topic at all. It is iCloud doing it.
Best of luck, and if you find a fix, post it please!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services