Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supernerd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Yo momma's house
I have an iPod shuffle third gen (the stick-looking one small enough to swallow) that has been through the laundry. I can plug it into the computer, it registers it, and I can put music on it and sync it. But when I plug in the earphones, there's no music. No audio of any sort. A green light comes on, and nothing happens. Pressing buttons on the earphone remote does nothing, so I have no idea if it's just paused on startup (which often used to happen) and the buttons just don't work anymore, which is just another earphone purchase away from working, or if the iPod itself is beyond repair. Does anyone know what's wrong? I haven't admitted defeat yet, I am going to try and restore it and see if that works. Any other ideas of what I can do?

UPDATE: tested the earphones on my iPad, the button controls work fine. So it's obviously not that.

Last edited:

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
shuffle

It does not take much power to light up the light so it may be a battery that is so weak that it will no longer produce music.
Trash it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.