Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Mac Pro scam? Craigslist..

So I want to buy a 2006 Mac Pro. This guy says it comes with apple Cinema Display that has a bad power supply. Now I could care less as I have my own monitor but then he says this when I ask him " how do I know the Mac Pro is working"?
He replies: "Well, good question. I'm going to try to hook up an old PC monitor to it tomorrow bypassing the Apple power supply. I think that'll work. I know it works but want to make sure you're happy with it. I'll email you when I've got this thing working."

As far as I know it doesn't matter what monitor you have, right? As long as the graphics card has a VGA output or DVI? Correct me if im wrong, but there should be no bypassing to connect to monitor.. Thanks!
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro