Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
But the obvious question though...

Has CNET's review been approved by CBS? Doesn't Microsoft advertise on CBS? Has Microsoft had their proper editorial approval over the CNET review? What about Google? IBM?

We need to be sure this review has received proper journalistic review by all CBS partners.

c|net, the site that says Android is better than iOS in "every way"? The site says iPhone 6 is going to be a failure? c|net sucks. Especially now with CBS dictating what they can/can't review.

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009
They lost me when they cast the bozo from that 70's show and dude where's by brain as Jobs. The spelling of the title shows it's brain-dead from start to finish.

I may watch if it shows up on TV when I'm channel surfing and there's nothing better on.

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
What did they expect with Ashton Kutcher? I can't even stand to watch him in a 30 Second Nikon Commercial.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Heard Woz was mad because he portrayed wrong. Suit guy as opposed to a t shirt guy???

c|net, the site that says Android is better than iOS in "every way"? The site says iPhone 6 is going to be a failure? c|net sucks. Especially now with CBS dictating what they can/can't review.

Cnet sucks because they prefer Android over iOS? Because they think the iPhone 6 is going to be a failure?

So someone doesn't like what you like, so they suck? :rolleyes:

I bet if they said they'd sleep with the iPhone you'd love 'em.

Who cares?

I'm sure plenty do. Lot's are posting in this thread. So I guess they care. iCare.

Does that answer your question?

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
This film sounds terrible.

Anyone know if this'll be in cinemas in the UK, or if we'll only get it once you can buy it on iTunes/DVD here?

No UK release date set yet. It's not actually on general US release for another three months...

USA 25 January 2013 (Sundance Film Festival)
USA 19 April 2013
New Zealand 9 May 2013
Australia 13 June 2013
Sweden 30 August 2013
Denmark 31 October 2013

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
I bet the movie is gonna be somewhat good, it will be entertaining

It is by no means an accurate description of reality nor Ashton is giving as a convincing Steve Jobs (like Noah did) Nevertheless, its gonna be a nice movie. Apple fans will not be mixed. They simply wont like as much as Pirates of Silicon Valley

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Snooze. Bring on the Aaron Sorkin film.

That's the one I am waiting for.

If the same caliber of acting and backing from "The Social Network" is put into the Sorkin film, it should be pretty amazing.

And bring on David Fincher.

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
From the trailer I think Ashton Kutcher is about as convincing in the role as John McCain would be in the role.

Last edited:

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
JOBS.PNG

Why the hell does it say amazon app store??

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
But the obvious question though...

Has CNET's review been approved by CBS? Doesn't Microsoft advertise on CBS? Has Microsoft had their proper editorial approval over the CNET review? What about Google? IBM?

We need to be sure this review has received proper journalistic review by all CBS partners.
Really? so every station that MS advertises on that doesn't give glowing reviews of this film is somehow under MS master control or influence? Does Apple advertise on those same stations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.