Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I have an iPhone 4 with a power button that is a little pressed in, but still works.

Also, I have a iPhone 4s that the power button completely is pressed in.

I really want to get these repaired, but don't know if it is worth it/the cost...Think Apple will repair these for me? :mad:

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
I have an iPhone 4 with a power button that is a little pressed in, but still works.

I really want to get these repaired, but don't know if it is worth it/the cost...Think Apple will repair these for me? :mad:

Try calling apple?

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Apple has been known to do repairs for free on products no longer covered by warranty. Just go to Apple see if they offer a free repair or find out how much it will cost out of pocket.

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I found a place to repair the power button my my 4s for $65, which includes part and labor (They said it'd take 45 mins, which includes 90 day warranty on their work). I think I will try the Apple store first, then if they won't fix it for free/offer any options, I can go literally a mile down the street and get it fixed for a decent price.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
I had no luck at the Apple store. They said they don't repair the power buttons but just replace the whole phone. Since I'm out of warranty they wanted to charge me $200 for a replacement (refurb).

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
If you have patience and steady hands, you can always youtube ifixit's video to replace the home button for much less.

but yes, it does require very steady hands. I actually aborted half way thru on my phone and got it replaced from outside ...

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey

Depends, they used to do pretty much anything before the 4S came out, now they are very picky on replacing a phone unless they charge you. I had a 5 with NO LTE, they reset my phone and told me I had to wait a week, in a week still no LTE, they finally replaced it.

I had a 4 last year with a sunken Home button, they would not even consider replacing for free they wanted $149 for a 16GB 4, so for $50 more I got my son a 4S White 16GB and no issues, so it varies from store to store and depends on what moods those Apple people are in, refer not to calling them Apple Geniuses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.