Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
any good retailers offer good amount for iPhone 5 online?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Services like gazelle give you very little compared to what you can get on eBay tho.

True, but I like to consider that a convenience fee. No hassle in trying to sell on Craigslist or eBay.

When the 4S came out and I bought it, I sold my 3GS to them 3 or 4 months later and got $90 for it. That's just about 50% of what I paid for it two years earlier. All in all, I considered it a good deal.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
True, but I like to consider that a convenience fee. No hassle in trying to sell on Craigslist or eBay.

When the 4S came out and I bought it, I sold my 3GS to them 3 or 4 months later and got $90 for it. That's just about 50% of what I paid for it two years earlier. All in all, I considered it a good deal.

Other than failure to pay at times I've never had a hassle with e-bay sales. I don't do much on CL so can't really speak to that. I would rather have a bit more "hassle" and $50-$100 more in my pocket than go through a "company" to sell my i's.

International eBay buyers who claim they never received it. ;)
That's when you refer them back to your page to remind them that once it's shipped it's out of your hands and their custom issues are their problem. Take a video of you packaging and mailing (unedited of course) the phone and they have no leg to stand on in the appeals process. I have NEVER lost on e-bay. I know some will say it will happen eventually but how can it when I have proof of packaging and shipping?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.