Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Kinda dumb that the "Finds and Fixes" thread was closed because they wanted the discussion to be in this news thread. This isn't the "Finds and Fixes" thread, this is a news article discussion. The last several betas had those threads and, besides the senseless stupid bickering that some immature children decided to have, it had its purpose separate to this news article.

Anyway, had some issues with the iPhone dmg after downloading, my Mac wouldn't recognize it for some strange reason. Had to redownload it. Waiting for my iPhone and iPad to charge before installing it.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Finally, some news on i0s 6.1, Hoping it'll come next week sometime. I hope it will improve performance a little. They seem to have taken their time on this one, testing it thoroughly, the same with mountain lion and the 10.0.3 beta/or gm.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
You are quite the angry person in this whole topic, yelling at everyone. Just as you don't like everyone's comments, you too don't have to turn on the Internet machine and read what they put.

I will sit here quietly and await your bashing of me and my post, but I will not respond.

Be careful... HE IS THE ONE THAT KNOCKS! :eek:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Lets make way for the jailbreak!

may as well... Looks it its always going to stay in beta.. Jailbreaking may be quicker....

At least wi'll get it this year. :rolleyes:

Must be the longest time ever between a beta and a public release (with still no date) ... Apple was saying this months ago.

Must of found a few more bugs. :)

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I can't wait for 6.1 to be released and then 10 minutes later people take to the boards saying it's stale and boring and that they want iOS 7. It's almost like some people expect point updates to be major overhauls.

I think people are more upset that there are ZERO new features. iOS 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 5.1 all brought some new features. It would be nice if there was at least one new feature.

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
I haven't got the official email yet about the build, but logged in got the Beta 5 build for my iPod touch 5th generation, went to update the firmware in iTunes and get "This device isn't eligible for the requested build", yet I have full developer access and never had this issue with any previous builds, and nothing has changed on my system. Any ideas?

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
I've been bummed out by Apple's software releases as of late. Am I the only one that feels they're focusing too heavily on their hardware and the software development is taking a back seat. I'm speaking in regards to patching their current apps and OS.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
So. Conspiracy time.

Do you think Apple labelled this a beta to try and entice the exploits the JB community have found thus far out of hiding?

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
So. Conspiracy time.

Do you think Apple labelled this a beta to try and entice the exploits the JB community have found thus far out of hiding?

I think the "smarter" way to do that would've been to call this GM, let the dev-team release their jailbreak, then Apple could go "Oh, we found this major showstopper bug in the GM, here's a new GM build (that just so happens to kill your shiny new jb exploit)."

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
So. Conspiracy time.

Nah, the Jailbreak won't drop till public ios 6.1 drops. Apple needs to get ios 6.1 out soon to fix the LTE issue...Fussing with jail breakers is like adults fighting with kids.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
So. Conspiracy time.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case. Apple seems to be so against the jb community I am sure they will do whatever they can to patch it as soon as it is released and they determine the exploit.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Nah, the Jailbreak won't drop till public ios 6.1 drops. Apple needs to get ios 6.1 out soon to fix the LTE issue...Fussing with jail breakers is like adults fighting with kids.

Lte issue? I have no issues on my iPhone with lte.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.