Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
This forum has just turned into a big whining fest. I don't see how a tech company can make your lives so miserable that you are compelled to cry about every article macrumors puts up about Apple, good or bad. Go out and enjoy life, you only have one shot at it..

Renzatic

Suspended
This forum has just turned into a big whining fest. I don't see how a tech company can make your lives so miserable that you are compelled to cry about every article macrumors puts up about Apple, good or bad. Go out and enjoy life, you only have one shot at it..

Yeah, that's pretty much the internet for you. If you don't endlessly gripe, complain, and criticize everything, people might think you're too easily pleased, and thus not very smart.

This thread is pointless. Why are we wasting our time talking about something so stupid?

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Glad this came out before the new Mac Pro.

Are you going to say this for everything that comes out before the Mac Pro? I bet you don't even need a Mac Pro...

The thing I don't like about the notes is that every time you swipe the screen shot, it scrolls the content down so the app notes get shown but the screenshot gets cut off.

Chataupiano

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps, yes they exist I have bought a ton of them but ever since apple has made it impossible to browse the app store by new releases the only kinds of apps I can now discover are these completely useless games

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Yawn. Let's face it. App Store app stinks.

UI is really a personal thing. But performance can be a tad off. Mainly due to lacking metadata. It's something they face in all the stores. In the case of the App Store, its too easy to pad keywords into descriptions that put apps in the wrong place, ratings are insane sometimes, padded reviews and so on. They need to clean that stuff up big time. The whole 'you can only change text and screenshots when you submit a binary' is a good start

----------

God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps,

Trouble is that they likely need the agreement of the developers as they won't make any money during that period. And the really useful apps probably haven't signed up for consideration. But the game folks have.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
UI is really a personal thing. But performance can be a tad off. Mainly due to lacking metadata. It's something they face in all the stores. In the case of the App Store, its too easy to pad keywords into descriptions that put apps in the wrong place, ratings are insane sometimes, padded reviews and so on. They need to clean that stuff up big time. The whole 'you can only change text and screenshots when you submit a binary' is a good start

----------

Trouble is that they likely need the agreement of the developers as they won't make any money during that period. And the really useful apps probably haven't signed up for consideration. But the game folks have.

Unless Apple is the one who is footing the bill. Maybe for every App downloaded that Apple does they are the one who pays the developers. Just a thought.
---------------

Though I don't understand this forum anymore. Their just a bunch of crying now. Doesn't matter what Apple does everyone just cries at them because they didn't invent some revolutionary new product or they aren't doing what they personally want them to do.

Look how long it took to get from the iPod to the iPhone? Think about how long the iPhone was actually just a prototype for! Heck wasn't the iPad technically being developed longer/first and the iPhone came before it (thought I read that somewhere)? Chances are more than likely pretty high that Apple is prototyping and showing some great innovation on some other product right now, it just isn't ready for the world. Maybe it's a TV, Maybe it's some kind of remote, maybe it's their own "Smart Glasses," maybe it's a Game Console. Maybe it is nothing we have every thought of before? Maybe I am totally wrong (I am sure I am), but chances are Apple does have something buried deep in the company that no one knows of, just waiting to be done so they can unveil it.

I mean plus we all know a huge company like Apple has everybody working on one product/feature at one time. We all know it took all of Apples thousands of employees to to do this App Store feature. We all know it took precious time away from your Mac Pro or anything like that.

Seriously, what has this forum come too? Apple can't even do anything anymore without them being in trouble it seems like.

Gurubarry

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
Sadly, the love affaire with Apple is over for many users, me included. I have an imac 2004 on my desktop...I use it for video editing with imovie HD and Slick additions, and Final cut Express .
The mini mac I bought to "Upgrade" my video production was the reason I have fallen out of of love with Apple.
The aforementioned programmes, paid for , didn't work on the mac mini, and there was NO notice given that they would not work prior to purchase...I have a friend who works in the Apple Store in Montpellier , where I live, and She didn't have any advice about this tactic ...unlike my old Pinnacle studio programmes which transferred directly to my Tosh Laptop...
I notice that company policy seems to be "Make the suckers buy all new software every IOS upgrade"
I hate this attitude, it's why I joined the fanboys 8 years ago, sadly I'm back with the original "Ogres" who have slowly realised the error of upsetting PAYING CUSTOMERS.
I was a member of "Think Secret", which was destroyed by Apple, then onto Mac Forums ...I notice the message boards of both sites reflect the ire of customers, dissatisfied with the services and support of a multinationl conglomerate. The second richest company in the USA ...."and ultimate power corrupts ultimately."

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps, yes they exist I have bought a ton of them but ever since apple has made it impossible to browse the app store by new releases the only kinds of apps I can now discover are these completely useless games

I have a couple of games, but I don't use them much.. I think they should have a separate category for non-games at the app store.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
@ all the whiners here:

So Apple does something harmless and you cry

Apple does nothing and you cry

You guys are the ones that keep the world from going forward.

----------

compared to what?

Google :eek:

----------

Do we have Haswell server processors yet? Why would you expect new Mac Pros without having the fastest, up-to-date workstation/server CPUs?

Dude, it was a joke...

Gurubarry

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
That's all rather melodramatic, no? This thread is about a minor change to app store formatting.

Sorry, it is just my personal experience, and judging from the recent press and other media reports, a groundswell of opinions are moving in this direction. Nothing to crow about, I am as sad as anyone else that an idealist project is perhaps about to crumble...a bit.

Another melodramatic statement..."NOTHING will last forever".:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.