Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeguard

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
I have used this service for about 5 years
http://www.getsyncd.com
They work great on Mac/Windows and IOS devices.
It is a paid service but it is extremely reliable.
PM me for more info. I am not affiliated with them other than using their service.
Chris

chocoyo00

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
SoCal
If there was a way to setup an Exchange account with Sparrow It would be my go to app, but I got to use the native mail app instead :(.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I use to use gmail but I have a problem with them reading every email so they can sell me to advertisers. I refuse to be in googles cattle heard. Apple mail is great, goes down about as much as Gmail. Yahoo, don't know. I would say the best thing IMO is to have your own email. Look into owning your own domain.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Another +1 for iCloud.

Have used the service since .mac changed over to a me address. Never had an issue.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I've been using Push for my gmail account for as long as it's been available but since they are killing the ActiveSynch for basic accounts I want to investigate moving to a new provider.
I know that as long as I keep the current phone, I will be fine but that only lasts so long...

Can someone recommend a good Push provider?

I just use the mail app that comes with the phone and I have two mail accounts. I set up Gmail as an exchange account and used m.google.com as the server and now it pushes. Added my MSN account as hotmail and it pushes as well. Now they are both in the same mail folder. No need to set up a separate Gmail app to get push.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I just use the mail app that comes with the phone and I have two mail accounts. I set up Gmail as an exchange account and used m.google.com as the server and now it pushes. Added my MSN account as hotmail and it pushes as well. Now they are both in the same mail folder. No need to set up a separate Gmail app to get push.

I believe what their saying is that this setup is no longer going to work. I haven't read too much about it because I don't use gmail so the whole not supporting active sync doesn't affect me.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I believe what their saying is that this setup is no longer going to work. I haven't read too much about it because I don't use gmail so the whole not supporting active sync doesn't affect me.

Oh, I see. I didn't know that Google was going to do this. Thank you for the clarification. I went back and re-read the prior posts and know I get it. Good to know. Thanks

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I use to use gmail but I have a problem with them reading every email so they can sell me to advertisers.

Where do people get this insane idea that email is private? This is not supported by any law.

Further it is transmitted across infrastructure you do not control.

If you want your mail to be private, that's what GPG is for.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Where do people get this insane idea that email is private? This is not supported by any law.

Further it is transmitted across infrastructure you do not control.

If you want your mail to be private, that's what GPG is for.

Never said that it was a secured environment. What I said was I have a problem with Google scanning my emails and using them to sell me to advertisers. That's their business modeling I choose not to use them.

powerwagon

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Never said that it was a secured environment. What I said was I have a problem with Google scanning my emails and using them to sell me to advertisers. That's their business modeling I choose not to use them.

I think what he was saying is that Google is not the only one doing that.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
I have Sparrow and mail app set to use my gmail. This way I get notified via mail app when a new mail arrives. And then I use sparrow to see it. This setup helps when I want to send a mail via a website. It just opens up in mail app and I send he mail. But it shows up in my sparrow mail too.

Need to do this since JB is not yet available.

Sbowen67

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Gmail...... urgh activesync does not work for me and I hate labels vs actual folders. iCloud... I want my own domain.... GetSync'd for me as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.