Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Twitter clients for Mac?

• Tweetbot

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • Twitteriffic

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Tweetings

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twitter official App

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • TweetDeck

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.Please post name

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

cheesyappleuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Portugal
The best one is Tweetbot. Both Mac and iOS (iPhone / iPad) counterparts are the best out there. You don't even need to search.
However, if you're looking for other good option check for Tweetdeck. Despite Twitter said they were discontinuing it the app was updated less than two weeks ago. Because it is an official app, it is free.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Of those three TweetBot is definitely the best. As far as TweetDeck, I thought Twitter said they were discontinuing the regular Twitter app for Mac, not that. TweetDeck is pretty good too though.

TouchArchive

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
IL
The best one is Tweetbot. Both Mac and iOS (iPhone / iPad) counterparts are the best out there. You don't even need to search.
However, if you're looking for other good option check for Tweetdeck. Despite Twitter said they were discontinuing it the app was updated less than two weeks ago. Because it is an official app, it is free.

Of those three TweetBot is definitely the best. As far as TweetDeck, I thought Twitter said they were discontinuing the regular Twitter app for Mac, not that. TweetDeck is pretty good too though.

Another vote for Tweetbot.

I like TweetDeck--I use it daily!

Thank you All.Who is faster with notifications?

doctorjj

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
I'm going to say Tweetbot as well. While there are many other decent Twitter apps for the Mac - most of which are less expensive or free - Tweetbot is definitely the best.

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
can someone please tell me if the official Twitter app is compatible with OS X Leopard? thanks

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Tweetbot, hands down.

The answer is always Tweetbot.

Always.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Eh, it's been discontinued, and if you're pre-10.6 you're probably better off using the web version of TweetDeck or Twitter anyhow.

msephton

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
Still using Echofon here.

It's still by far and away the best for me, though I understand my days with it are numbered.

To that end, I've been working on a chart of all native Mac OS X twitter clients. I have listed a number of common - and not so common - features that twitter clients have. Then I mark whether or not each client has that feature.

http://bit.ly/mactwitter

Let me know your thoughts with regards to extra criteria I can add to the list, and extra apps I might want to include.

Cheers,
matt

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.