Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:14 AM   #1
hjteo
macrumors newbie

Unable to open large folder on external HDD

Hi all,

I have a 2007ish MBP running Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8, and it's start to get old, slow and a little bit unreliable. We have a 3TB WD MyBook as our wireless backup, and it's organised so that my wife and I have our own sections, plus a section for Time Machine backups.

There is also a separate sector within it called Music, to which I copied my 108GB of music so that we can both stream it from anywhere in the house. However, despite the copy being complete, I can't actually open the folder - it is faded and sits forever saying "Calculating Size...".

I thought it might be corrupted so I lined it up for a delete, but it seems that certainly most, if not all, of the files are in there.

I tried to figure out the formatting etc. but the overall drive just says "Mac server" and the music folder itself is a "Sharepoint".

Any help available? I am a little desperate to ensure my music collection is not lost, and wirelessly backing up that much data is somewhat time consuming...

Thanks.
hjteo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help