Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:48 AM   #1
gregpod9
macrumors regular

iOS 6 Safari Issue

For some reason, I can't remove a few websites in Safari's history. These websites are not in my bookmark list, but they act like they are. I tried clearing the history and cookies in iOS 6 settings, and restoring my iPhone 4s. Is there a way to remove these websites from my iphone? I'm not sure if they have to do something with iCloud?
gregpod9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:19 AM   #2
bbfc
macrumors 68000

Are they under History or iCloud Tabs? If the latter you will need to close the tabs on your mac or other iDevice first.
bbfc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:31 AM   #3
gregpod9
macrumors regular

I do not use iCloud and they are not in the history folder. These websites came from Safari on my mbp and for some reason they got transferred to Safari on my iPhone. I tried restoring my iPhone as new and these websites still appear and no they are not the default bookmarks that came with Safari. I can not delete them my iPhone. It seems like they are forever cached websites.
gregpod9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpod9 View Post
I do not use iCloud and they are not in the history folder. These websites came from Safari on my mbp and for some reason they got transferred to Safari on my iPhone. I tried restoring my iPhone as new and these websites still appear and no they are not the default bookmarks that came with Safari. I can not delete them my iPhone. It seems like they are forever cached websites.
Are you sure that icloud was never turned on at one point or is turned on somewhere you are not aware of?

I would really double check that.
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Ryan Burgess
macrumors 6502

Could you please post a screenshot of where they show up exactly?
Ryan Burgess is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6