Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:10 AM   #1
AlexZap
macrumors newbie

Problems with notifications of missed calls, SMS and reminders

Hi,

Since 1 month I have an iPhone 5 (my first iPhone) and I have the following problems with it:

- Sometimes missed calls are not displayed on the lock screen.
- Sometimes missed SMS are not displayed on the lock screen. So I have to unlock the phone and must look at the Message-app icon to see if I missed an SMS.
- Sometimes reminders (with a configured time to remind me, using Apple's reminder app) do not pop up or pop up too late.

Of course such problems are very annoying and reduce my trust in the software. I can not be sure if there was a call/SMS/reminder and the phone did not tell me.

Do you know of such problems? Is this a problem of iOS6? Is this a serious defect of my iPhone.

Thanks for your help,
regards,
Alex
AlexZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Computer1603
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexZap View Post
Hi,

Since 1 month I have an iPhone 5 (my first iPhone) and I have the following problems with it:

- Sometimes missed calls are not displayed on the lock screen.
- Sometimes missed SMS are not displayed on the lock screen. So I have to unlock the phone and must look at the Message-app icon to see if I missed an SMS.
- Sometimes reminders (with a configured time to remind me, using Apple's reminder app) do not pop up or pop up too late.

Of course such problems are very annoying and reduce my trust in the software. I can not be sure if there was a call/SMS/reminder and the phone did not tell me.

Do you know of such problems? Is this a problem of iOS6? Is this a serious defect of my iPhone.

Thanks for your help,
regards,
Alex
Had this problem a while ago. I restarted it twice and the problem never returned, donīt know why
Computer1603 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:19 PM   #3
C DM
macrumors G5

Along the same lines it seems that for some reason, at least on iPhone 5, missed calls do not appear in the notification center.

As for reminders, it seems like they also have some odd effect of sometimes being in the notification center and sometimes not being there...and the same goes for the Reminder app badge which is sometimes there and sometimes not there when it should be.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6