Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcoops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
to a different carrier? i havent got the final bill yet but have ported the number to a different carrier...can i sell the phone?

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
sprint iPhones might still be locked to sprint so check that. also you would only be able to use LTE with a CDMA carrier, so if you're not using Verizon or another CDMA carrier you'd be getting only 3G.

bcoops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
sprint iPhones might still be locked to sprint so check that. also you would only be able to use LTE with a CDMA carrier, so if you're not using Verizon or another CDMA carrier you'd be getting only 3G.

i bought an at&t iphone 5 and selling the the sprint iphone....if someone i sell it to is using sprint ....should it be ok to sell?

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
i bought an at&t iphone 5 and selling the the sprint iphone....if someone i sell it to is using sprint ....should it be ok to sell?
If you transfered your number from the phone then yes. the other person might have to call up Sprint to transfer his number to the phone (if sprint doesn't use SIM cards)

ashkash

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
Any luck with this? I am in a similar situation where I just ported by number from Sprint to another carrier and want to sell my iPhone, but have not received my final bill yet. Just wanted to see if you were able to do this without any problems.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Any luck with this? I am in a similar situation where I just ported by number from Sprint to another carrier and want to sell my iPhone, but have not received my final bill yet. Just wanted to see if you were able to do this without any problems.

Yes, as long as you pay the final bill and all charges and ETF if there is one then they will not blacklist the phone and the phone will be able to be used on any other Sprint line.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yes, as long as you pay the final bill and all charges and ETF if there is one then they will not blacklist the phone and the phone will be able to be used on any other Sprint line.
Correct.

As Applejuiced says, it has to be a Sprint customer. It can't be used on any other carrier.

The new person simply has to call Sprint up or go to a store and get it activated. I've sent my HTC Touch Pro and my wife's HTC Touch Pro 2 off to two seperate Sprint customers with existing lines and they didn't have any problems. Both phones had been out of contract for a year and a half so ETF wasn't an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.