Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:33 AM   #1
bcoops
macrumors newbie

can i sell my sprint iphone5 after i ported the number

to a different carrier? i havent got the final bill yet but have ported the number to a different carrier...can i sell the phone?
bcoops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:59 AM   #2
paulbennett95
macrumors 6502a

sprint iPhones might still be locked to sprint so check that. also you would only be able to use LTE with a CDMA carrier, so if you're not using Verizon or another CDMA carrier you'd be getting only 3G.
paulbennett95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:01 AM   #3
bcoops
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbennett95 View Post
sprint iPhones might still be locked to sprint so check that. also you would only be able to use LTE with a CDMA carrier, so if you're not using Verizon or another CDMA carrier you'd be getting only 3G.
i bought an at&t iphone 5 and selling the the sprint iphone....if someone i sell it to is using sprint ....should it be ok to sell?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:05 AM   #4
paulbennett95
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoops View Post
i bought an at&t iphone 5 and selling the the sprint iphone....if someone i sell it to is using sprint ....should it be ok to sell?
If you transfered your number from the phone then yes. the other person might have to call up Sprint to transfer his number to the phone (if sprint doesn't use SIM cards)
paulbennett95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:05 AM   #5
bcoops
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbennett95 View Post
If you transfered your number from the phone then yes. the other person might have to call up Sprint to transfer his number to the phone (if sprint doesn't use SIM cards)
great thanx
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:18 PM   #6
ashkash
macrumors newbie

Any luck with this? I am in a similar situation where I just ported by number from Sprint to another carrier and want to sell my iPhone, but have not received my final bill yet. Just wanted to see if you were able to do this without any problems.
ashkash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:36 PM   #7
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkash View Post
Any luck with this? I am in a similar situation where I just ported by number from Sprint to another carrier and want to sell my iPhone, but have not received my final bill yet. Just wanted to see if you were able to do this without any problems.
Yes, as long as you pay the final bill and all charges and ETF if there is one then they will not blacklist the phone and the phone will be able to be used on any other Sprint line.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:58 PM   #8
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, as long as you pay the final bill and all charges and ETF if there is one then they will not blacklist the phone and the phone will be able to be used on any other Sprint line.
Correct.

As Applejuiced says, it has to be a Sprint customer. It can't be used on any other carrier.

The new person simply has to call Sprint up or go to a store and get it activated. I've sent my HTC Touch Pro and my wife's HTC Touch Pro 2 off to two seperate Sprint customers with existing lines and they didn't have any problems. Both phones had been out of contract for a year and a half so ETF wasn't an issue.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 04:50 AM   #9
bcoops
macrumors newbie

yes was no problem

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone