Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:51 AM   #1
BlueGoldAce
macrumors 6502

Pressure marks

Just a quick question. I have notice with my i5 that lately, when I put a small amount of pressure on the screen, I get screen discoloration/pressure marks in a certain spot for a few seconds. Is this a big deal? No...not like I go around seeing how hard I can push my screen. I am just wondering of this is a fault that could worse with time.

Thanks

-blue
BlueGoldAce is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Apple fanboy
macrumors 603

Never noticed on mine. Are you pushing too hard? Or is it your finger print your seeing?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:13 AM   #3
BlueGoldAce
macrumors 6502

Not finger prints. It's a ripple with rainbow color. This is typical of lcds if you press too hard. This shows up on one spot on the screen if I pressure any hard than a very gentle tap anywhere on the screen. The pressure I am talking about is well within normal use.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:27 AM   #4
cruzmisl
macrumors regular

My iphone 5 had the same issue. It's not supposed to do that. From what the genius said, the phone's screen is supposed to move properly so that one area isn't subject to pressure like from touching. He gladly exchanged the phone for another one, but the replacement has a screen with uneven yellow tint towards the top--looks like it's dirty up there. I honestly rather deal with the ripple than the inconsistent screen. The first phone's screen was otherwise perfect (it also had a loose home button which the replacement fixed). I guess it's hard to make a perfect phone.
cruzmisl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Well all LCDS do that, how hard are you pressing on the glass? You will get that effect when your touching the glass hard because your putting pressure on the LCD.

I would imagine that the in-cell touch technology and them fusing the glass even closer on the i5 would make it little easier to press on the LCD because there glued together.

But still youll never see that effect with regular and normal usage of the phone no one presses on the screen that hard

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
Not finger prints. It's a ripple with rainbow color. This is typical of lcds if you press too hard. This shows up on one spot on the screen if I pressure any hard than a very gentle tap anywhere on the screen. The pressure I am talking about is well within normal use.
Obvious defect is obvious then.. Get a new replacement..is that your iPhone 5 from launch? When did you get it.
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:10 AM   #6
BlueGoldAce
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Well all LCDS do that, how hard are you pressing on the glass? You will get that effect when your touching the glass hard because your putting pressure on the LCD.

I would imagine that the in-cell touch technology and them fusing the glass even closer on the i5 would make it little easier to press on the LCD because there glued together.

But still youll never see that effect with regular and normal usage of the phone no one presses on the screen that hard

----------

Obvious defect is obvious then.. Get a new replacement..is that your iPhone 5 from launch? When did you get it.
I'll get a replacement soon, hate having to ruin a decent screen protector.

It's my second i5 white. Had a black and traded it for a white. The white I got ended up having a camera malfunction defect to the point where all the pictures where blurred by dust that got trapped under outer casing.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:32 AM   #7
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

If you are using light or normal pressure and see that then there is something wrong with the screen.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone