Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Lol, imagine the staff at Apple playing on a Wii.
Iam a game dev but dont have an apple account yet. so some people depend on that stuff i can tell u from experience

Darkhrse99

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico
On some other apple forums, people are saying there wont be an updates till February ..I just want the 5S to come out sooner, I'm tired of the 4S already .

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
So... shouldn't they have released the next beta by now?

This is probably Apples way of making all those who are not developers and downloaded the beta regret they did it. Maybe discourage them from doing it again in the future. An Apple "we told you so", don't mess with us, we are still ruling the world even though Exxon passed us again. :)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
This is probably Apples way of making all those who are not developers and downloaded the beta regret they did it. Maybe discourage them from doing it again in the future. An Apple "we told you so", don't mess with us, we are still ruling the world even though Exxon passed us again. :)

That seems a bit... unnecessary.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
does it really matter? it contains almost zero changes, so its release wont enhance my phone in any way, thus I think most people couldnt care less about when it gets released.

Well usually Apple doesnt put the great and best features in the betas that comes out in the GM. So iOS 6.1 will bring a faster Safari, improved Siri and Maps, overall increased system performance and just some bug fixes. Sounds like a pretty good update to me until iOS 6.2 comes out and so fourth

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City

That's a bit childish.
I'm not a developer and i use the betas but that's not going to discourage me from using them. A simple restore will do the trick. Yeah I won't be able to use my backup but its not going to take a long time for apple to release the next beta or GM anyways. Jokes on the developers that actually pay the $100 to use the betas.

----------

Ios 6.1 beta 5 is out!

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so i guess no 6.1 public release soon since they just pushed out beta 5? and how is LTE getting extended to other countries next week then? 6.0.3?

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
It's possible beta 5 is identical or nearly identical to 4 just to extend the expiry date and we can still see a public release this coming week.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
im going with a february release now unless this really is a GM build its hard to say knowing apple :rolleyes:

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
If you Shift/Update in itunes, and install this Beta 5, will it retain all your settings/apps on your phone? Or will it wipe it

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Build number typical of a GM? = Check
No UDID requried?= Check
No OTA? = Check
No Expiry= Check

Yup, its the GM mislabeled as beta 5.

Last edited:

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Build number typical of a GM? = Check
No UDID requried?= Check
No OTA? = Check
No Expiry= Check

Yup, its the GM likely mislabeled as beta 5

Also is inline with the claim that European LTE would be available this week...

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
i see nothing wrong. you should re-read what i wrote and give it some thinking.

Developers pay the $100 a year so they can make/test applications! Not so they can use betas! (Although using the betas does help when writing applications, it's not the sole reason for becoming a dev)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.