Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFunkyJesus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
iPhone 4s.

Bought this phone off of Craigslist several months ago, it came with the Gevey card with everything working correctly. Using it to run T-Mobile.

I accidentally updated the Carrier Settings via iTunes, and now it doesn't work with T-Mobile anymore, I just get this stupid Verizon automated message whenever I try to make a call.

Is there anyway to delete the phone carrier settings I updated?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
iPhone 4s.

Bought this phone off of Craigslist several months ago, it came with the Gevey card with everything working correctly. Using it to run T-Mobile.

I accidentally updated the Carrier Settings via iTunes, and now it doesn't work with T-Mobile anymore, I just get this stupid Verizon automated message whenever I try to make a call.

Is there anyway to delete the phone carrier settings I updated?

Try a network reset.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Restore it, carrier updates are not permanently and each time you restore it, iTunes will prompt you to update to the newest carrier update of that version of the iOS build.

You can also go into the carrier update folder to delete the ipcc file, but it won't make a diff.

As long as you have your SHSH Blobs, you should be able to return back to 5.1.1

Best of luck on your quest.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.