Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:12 AM   #1
alexjholland
macrumors regular

iTunes Match's glitch with uploading large songs?

Hey, I purchased iTunes Match back in early December and left it to do its thing with my 130Gb of music.

I had about 5,000 songs which needed uploading; it got down to around 1600 within a few days, then stopped on several hour-long mixes I have by a DJ (I'll have a few more elsewhere too).

Research has revealed iTunes Match simply doesn't seem able to upload these large (one hour-ish) files. Not that it takes a while, but it literally stops on them.

Others have 'helpfully' suggested I just delete these files; but I didn't buy a 2,000 iMac and pay for an iTunes Match subscription for the joy of not being allowed to have any long mixes in my iTunes collection.

Is there any other way around this; perhaps selecting these mixes not to be uploaded to iTunes Match whilst the rest is? I can tolerate only having these in my local collection if needs be.

Cheers
alexjholland is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:19 PM   #2
limbic
macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem.

It just started yesterday.

I downloaded two 160MB DJ mixes from Mixcloud and iTunes Match has choked on them.

Is there a way to ask iTunes Match to simply ignore the file/song?
limbic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Easiest way is to change them so that iTunes sees them as podcasts. There then excluded from the upload.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:42 AM   #4
MasterHowl
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to MasterHowl
You've probably already tried it, but have you tried turning Match on and then off again?

I had this problem when uploading some ~45 minute songs, and it did it fine after I switched it on and off again.

Hope you find a solution! Very frustrating
MasterHowl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:14 AM   #5
limbic
macrumors newbie

I right clicked on the song and selected "Create AAC version". Then I deleted the other version and that seems to have done the trick.

Not sure is this is bunk though as I was generally fiddling around.
limbic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:15 PM   #6
alexjholland
macrumors regular

Limbic, I was about to post to say the same thing.

I created AAC versions of the mixes in question and deleted the originals; and it's been merrily uploading since. Only up to 100/1500+ in several hours, but it IS moving!

I'll do the same thing if/when I encounter any other problematic files; and hopefully look forward to having Match working - 6-8 weeks after purchasing it!
alexjholland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Melyris
macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know it's an old thread, but since people are still finding it by googling this iTunes Match problem, here's my solution…

Based on experience, iTunes Match WON'T upload files larger than 200MB or so…

So I did a little research and found a little free software than can split audio files by searching for silences: AudioSlicer. It does it's job perfectly fine, and I'm able to upload 10 hours long mixes and compilations by splitting them this way and renaming each one "XXXX - Part Y", where XXXX is the name and Y the part number (thx Captain Obvious ^-^).

Works every time, as long as you verify that the parts you split into are under 200MB or so

Cheers !

Edit: This software appears to be for Mac OS only.
Melyris is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store