Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1
JoelBC
macrumors 6502

OSX Recovery Disk Assistant...Weird Result...

I used the Apple OS X Recovery Disk Assistant [see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4848 ] to create a bootable USB drive / partition that would enable me to reformat and reinstall OS X in the event of a serious drive failure [hence the reason for the external source]...

I was successful in that I can boot to the USB drive and get the usual screens...

The weird thing is that the USB drive lists the drive space as free ad unused [i.e. I can not see the files]...is this normal...is there a way to seethe files and why Apple design it as such...

Thanks in advance,

Joel
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store