Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siliconstepper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Hello fellow commrades,

I feel like this is a problem that many of you may have encountered before, but I'm running into a somewhat enigmatic dilemma as far as importing my loose audio files into iTunes. About 97.8% of the time, it allows me to just drag & drop or use the import function and it works fine. However, concerning the remaining 2.2%, it won't allow me do anything at all to get said file(s---) to import into my iTunes library. The file extensions are correct/ I made sure there are no duplicates/ and that they are stored in the correct volumes & that I have proper administrative access to them, etc etc. I'm honestly chalk-full out of ideas on how to approach this now; In the meantime, I'll keep hacking away, but if anyone has any bright ideas on how to remedy this situation (or if you have experienced something like this before) plz lmk. thnx.

siliconstepper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
I tried w/ some other tunes, but it's still not working. It's possible that it's just not importing b/c I have the genius updater running in the background--- hope that's the crux of the issue, because that means nothing's wrong with my files or w/ my itunes settings. Well keep progress updated here as it comes, thoh.....

siliconstepper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Okay, so I managed to get some of the songs onto there (the original problem may have been caused by having differentiated volume permissions issue(s)- as it appears that the issue has been partially solved by simply just repairing the disk permissions on my MBP's internal hd). However, it's still not importing all of my songs.:confused: What makes the problem even more strange, however, is that some of the said songs will play in other players (such as MPlayerX, Quicktime, etc.) but not in itunes.... which leaves me to believe that the only formidable conclusion is that there's something wanky with my itunes settings.(?) All of the files that I'm trying to import though are all just straight mp3's. Any suggestions?? Thx in advance.

=SS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.