Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You Use Passbook??

• YES

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • NO

Votes: 84 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
Yeh I am a heavy user thanks to apps like Lemon Wallet. Allows me to add all my loyalty and membership cards to passbook. Currently have:

Delta
Fandango
Starbucks
Target
Walgreens
CVS
Billguard
Gym Membership
2 Museum memberships
Drivers License
Starwood Card
Marriott Card
3-4 other loyalty cards

So it is pretty useful after all, if you live in the US. To the rest of the world it's pretty much useless so far. It would probably catch on faster if it was a more universal tool, that wasn't locked to iPhones.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I only use it at Starbucks, which is rare anyway since I don't have a Starbucks near me :eek: I just use a gift card I won 2 years ago. No other place near me really uses it since I live in a small town with lots of locally owned businesses.

Brown Trout

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
AA boarding passes
AAvantage card with current status and available miles if you need to flash an EXP or OneWorld Emerald to get into an airport lounge
CVS

Basco

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2012
So it is pretty useful after all, if you live in the US. To the rest of the world it's pretty much useless so far. It would probably catch on faster if it was a more universal tool, that wasn't locked to iPhones.

Does not always work.

UA - Some countries (Canada, at least flying back from Calgary) do not have a scanner to scan the barcode. Sometimes works in smaller airports like Colorado Springs.

Starbucks - Its a hit or miss. Seams like 1/2 the ones in Canada do not have a scanner, the one I frequent at the Denver Airport does not have one.

Fandango - I have the app but afraid if I pay around $20 for tickets that the theatre will not accept it.

Walgreens - works ok. Sometimes the card does not come up like its supposed to.

Lemon Wallet - you have to have the card to use it. Some memberships do not issue a card

Pass Scan - easy way to set up a card but you have to have one first

PassBuilder - complicated to use but once set up its easy and you just have to have a membership number

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.