Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:40 PM   #1
JoelBC
macrumors 6502a

Dropbox...Delete Event History...

Apologies in the event that this has been covered elsewhere but i) I am new to Dropbox and ii) I could not find an answer **that worked** through searching but is there a way to delete the Dropbox event history and, if so, how.

Thanks in advance,

Joel
JoelBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:24 PM   #2
robanga
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelBC View Post
Apologies in the event that this has been covered elsewhere but i) I am new to Dropbox and ii) I could not find an answer **that worked** through searching but is there a way to delete the Dropbox event history and, if so, how.

Thanks in advance,

Joel
I do not believe there is a way to clear that history. Deleted but recoverable files are limited to 30 days though if you have a free account and forever if you have the packrat feature.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3
JoelBC
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanga View Post
I do not believe there is a way to clear that history.
Appreciate the response...the answer was what I feared...with a little luck someone *may* know differently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanga View Post
Deleted but recoverable files are limited to 30 days though if you have a free account and forever if you have the packrat feature.
Agreed and understood as I did read this on their website...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:05 PM   #4
FoxFifth
macrumors regular

The following from the Dropbox forums is old but there may be something more recent there as well: https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=17825
FoxFifth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:11 PM   #5
JoelBC
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFifth View Post
The following from the Dropbox forums is old but there may be something more recent there as well: https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=17825
Appreciate that but I did see this already on the Dropbox site through my own browsing / searching...I was hoping that someone had an update to this that actually provided the capability...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:44 AM   #6
hddavidchan
macrumors newbie

I think I have an answer...

Go to ... your web page on a computer...

Click on show deleted files on the top on the left of the "Search bar"

Then click on any "deleted files" and click on "permanently delete"... if there are any specific pictures/music etc that u want to delete permanently, you must go into that folder and delete permanently on any already deleted files. This should do the trick in removing any "versions" of previously deleted files and therefore not on the event page any more..

Please let me know if this helped you because it did for me.
hddavidchan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:31 PM   #7
JoelBC
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddavidchan View Post
Go to ... your web page on a computer...

Click on show deleted files on the top on the left of the "Search bar"

Then click on any "deleted files" and click on "permanently delete"... if there are any specific pictures/music etc that u want to delete permanently, you must go into that folder and delete permanently on any already deleted files. This should do the trick in removing any "versions" of previously deleted files and therefore not on the event page any more..

Please let me know if this helped you because it did for me.
Appreciate you taking the time to draft a response but unfortunately this does not solve my problem as your solutions does delete historical files whereas I am looking to delete events...in the event that you know a way to delete events please let me know...

With much thanks,

Joel

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store