Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:54 AM   #776
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I will say this again about the version 5 front cover. This thing is flat, I mean very flat. Still no rainbow effect. It's holding up well.
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:09 PM   #777
jumpjim
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Just had a replacement case through (597xxx) to replace an 046290 case which was pretty bad.

New case has no vibrations with music, better sound quality, no pillowing and no oil slicks. Very happy with it overall. The back of the case feels very slightly raised where the ridges are but hardly noticeable.
jumpjim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:39 PM   #778
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Checkout how flat my screen is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	392945  
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:41 PM   #779
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferniesp View Post
Checkout how flat my screen is.
Another picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	392946  
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:25 PM   #780
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferniesp View Post
Another picture.
You got lucky. I just had a 545,000 version and the screen was wavy as ever and tons of oil slick.

What number is your "Flat" version?
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:48 PM   #781
erayser
macrumors 6502a
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Yah, I was one of those lifeproof loyalist that posted how my screen was flat, and no rainbow effect on the iPhone 4 model. Months later, rainbow effect showed up a little. Took it apart, and cleaned it well, and fixed it a little... but it comes back, and gets worse over time. Baby powder trick helped a little. Hope they really fixed that issue for iPhone 5 owners. If they didn't change the material or design on the current model... from the last model. Rainbow effect will eventually come. If it wasn't an issue, LifeProof wouldn't have that FAQ on eliminating rainbow effect by using baby powder on their site. I'd like to get a 4 protection case in the future again, but it won't be lifeproof. I just like the minimalistic cases for now. The iPhone 5 is to sexy to cover up... but I think there are better options for waterproof cases coming out. Just waiting until I see more reviews... and if it's worth putting a good looking phone in tupperware again.
erayser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:54 PM   #782
Dmaynard83
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferniesp View Post
Another picture.
This does not look like an iphone 5 the screen looks too small
Dmaynard83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:28 PM   #783
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Another look. Yes, it's an iphone 5, look at the bottom screw.
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:37 PM   #784
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
So is ordering off the website the best way to ensure you get the most updated version of the case?

Oh, and does anyone know where you enter a coupon code on LifeProof's website? I've looked everywhere.

Last edited by jfrancis04; Jan 28, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:10 PM   #785
hawwy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
anybody got a coupon code for lifeproof
hawwy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:18 PM   #786
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawwy View Post
anybody got a coupon code for lifeproof
I found one here: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/lifeproof.com

Just have no idea where to enter it on their website.
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:35 PM   #787
luked14
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
So is ordering off the website the best way to ensure you get the most updated version of the case?

Oh, and does anyone know where you enter a coupon code on LifeProof's website? I've looked everywhere.
I just ordered from LifeProof's website and the case arrived today and it was 347xxx so I don't think it's one of the most updated versions.

To enter the coupon code, click on view cart after adding the case to your cart. Then you should see a box labeled Discount Codes near the bottom left of the page.
luked14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:05 PM   #788
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by luked14 View Post
I just ordered from LifeProof's website and the case arrived today and it was 347xxx so I don't think it's one of the most updated versions.

To enter the coupon code, click on view cart after adding the case to your cart. Then you should see a box labeled Discount Codes near the bottom left of the page.
Thanks!

Are you pleased with the 347XXX or do you plan on returning?
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:20 PM   #789
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Just got tired of waiting on the Atlas and Survivor+Catalyst. Prefer the LifeProof design by, but I'm worried about the problems. Hopefully, I'll get the best version.
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:53 PM   #790
luked14
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Thanks!

Are you pleased with the 347XXX or do you plan on returning?
It's my first Lifeproof so I don't have anything to compare it to but I like it so far. There is some rainbow effect on the screen but it's really flat and it doesn't bother me. The speaker quality sucks but not worth returning over.
luked14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:07 PM   #791
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Update on my case with heavy heavy use age. Works perfect still. No rainbow effect whatsoever. Flat screen is awesome.

Maybe the secret to my success is that I don't take the case off at all. I am afraid of what ping the plastic. It's just a fear based on nothing.
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:41 PM   #792
Cubano21
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Just got tired of waiting on the Atlas and Survivor+Catalyst. Prefer the LifeProof design by, but I'm worried about the problems. Hopefully, I'll get the best version.
Have you looked at the Seidio Obex. Check out my quick review. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1531877. I gave up on LP fre to many problem. I swear I went through 14-15 cases from the day of release. Don't get me wrong I loved my LP for the 4S, and my iPad case. LP messed up when they changed the company that manufactures there cases. I'm really happy with the Obex. I will still try the Atlas when it comes out.
Cubano21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:41 AM   #793
Devildog08
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I went to local best buy and went through about 50 cases and found this number as the highest LP000608296 the screen is super flat its perfectly flat feels like im texting without a case on the sound is awesome no rainbow effect at all but i do have a otterbox commuter screen protecter under my lifeproof leaves no rainbow on this version or my previous version there id no oily effect on my screen either the back vibrates some when i play music or videos but that doesnt bother me at all i have the two clear rectangular blockes on the back piece of my case and no foam at the top on the front and the bottom had tiny foam strip and there is no gap at all on the home button the case is as flat as it gets literally this is how the lifeproof should feel in my hand sturdy and strong and not like a piece of plastic crap on the front of my phone the sound of calls is super crisp
Devildog08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:46 AM   #794
nwmtnbiker
macrumors 65816
 
nwmtnbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fidalgo Island
Glad you got a good 1 it seems to be luck of the draw... That was 1 bad ass sentence too lol!!!
nwmtnbiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:03 PM   #795
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog08 View Post
I went to local best buy and went through about 50 cases and found this number as the highest LP000608296 the screen is super flat its perfectly flat feels like im texting without a case on the sound is awesome no rainbow effect at all but i do have a otterbox commuter screen protecter under my lifeproof leaves no rainbow on this version or my previous version there id no oily effect on my screen either the back vibrates some when i play music or videos but that doesnt bother me at all i have the two clear rectangular blockes on the back piece of my case and no foam at the top on the front and the bottom had tiny foam strip and there is no gap at all on the home button the case is as flat as it gets literally this is how the lifeproof should feel in my hand sturdy and strong and not like a piece of plastic crap on the front of my phone the sound of calls is super crisp
You got a 600,000 model with the glued on clear pieces?
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:16 PM   #796
PacerguyDon
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
You got a 600,000 model with the glued on clear pieces?
I bought one yesterday at Walmart that was in the 600,000's and it had the glued on clear pieces as well.
Also had the extra piece covering the proximity sensor as well.

Needless to say it's going back to Walmart.

I think I'll wait for the Atlas
PacerguyDon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:37 PM   #797
Devildog08
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
You got a 600,000 model with the glued on clear pieces?
Yes

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerguyDon View Post
I bought one yesterday at Walmart that was in the 600,000's and it had the glued on clear pieces as well.
Also had the extra piece covering the proximity sensor as well.

Needless to say it's going back to Walmart.

I think I'll wait for the Atlas
What problems did you have
Devildog08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:24 AM   #798
Ferniesp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
[QUOTE=Devildog08;16751009]Yes[COLOR=

Get version 5 front cover and version 3 back cover and you are set. I have encountered zero problems with this combo.
Ferniesp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:32 AM   #799
jfrancis04
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Can you use the Apple Earpod Headphones without the lifeproof headphone adapter?
jfrancis04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:22 PM   #800
Wildwillis
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Can you use the Apple Earpod Headphones without the lifeproof headphone adapter?
Yes you can. There is basically no clearance though so don't expect to be able to fit any others. I believe the headphones that came with my old 3GS also fit but nothing else did.
Wildwillis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LifeProof Nüüd or Frē hungx iPhone Accessories 9 Jun 22, 2014 11:15 AM
Query: Lifeproof Frē versus Lifeproof Nüüd (iPhone 5s)? pembertonnc iPhone Accessories 1 Feb 7, 2014 05:40 PM
iPad Mini: IPad mini Lifeproof Frē with LifeProof Smart Cover mrbunglez iPad Accessories 11 Jul 25, 2013 09:15 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC