Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Apologies in the event that this has been covered elsewhere but i) I am new to Dropbox and ii) I could not find an answer **that worked** through searching but is there a way to delete the Dropbox event history and, if so, how.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Apologies in the event that this has been covered elsewhere but i) I am new to Dropbox and ii) I could not find an answer **that worked** through searching but is there a way to delete the Dropbox event history and, if so, how.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

I do not believe there is a way to clear that history. Deleted but recoverable files are limited to 30 days though if you have a free account and forever if you have the packrat feature.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I do not believe there is a way to clear that history.

Appreciate the response...the answer was what I feared...with a little luck someone *may* know differently...

Deleted but recoverable files are limited to 30 days though if you have a free account and forever if you have the packrat feature.

Agreed and understood as I did read this on their website...

hddavidchan

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I think I have an answer...

Go to ... your web page on a computer...

Click on show deleted files on the top on the left of the "Search bar"

Then click on any "deleted files" and click on "permanently delete"... if there are any specific pictures/music etc that u want to delete permanently, you must go into that folder and delete permanently on any already deleted files. This should do the trick in removing any "versions" of previously deleted files and therefore not on the event page any more..

Please let me know if this helped you because it did for me.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Go to ... your web page on a computer...

Click on show deleted files on the top on the left of the "Search bar"

Then click on any "deleted files" and click on "permanently delete"... if there are any specific pictures/music etc that u want to delete permanently, you must go into that folder and delete permanently on any already deleted files. This should do the trick in removing any "versions" of previously deleted files and therefore not on the event page any more..

Please let me know if this helped you because it did for me.

Appreciate you taking the time to draft a response but unfortunately this does not solve my problem as your solutions does delete historical files whereas I am looking to delete events...in the event that you know a way to delete events please let me know...

With much thanks,

Joel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.