Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
iPersian
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
itunes 11 and lacie nas

I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??
iPersian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:07 PM   #2
jacksea
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
same problem on Lacie 2Big Nas iTunes 11 and shared library

Hi,
i've got same problem on my Lacie 2Big Nas. With provisos iTunes 10 there was no problem.
I opened a ticket at Lacie support site so now i'm waiting for Lacie assistance...
jacksea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3
roblawton
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Preston, UK
Can you try opening a finder window and going to the disk there... In a way 'waking up' the NAS...

Then go to iTunes and load the music...
__________________
roblawton
@roblawton///roblawton.com
stuff | iMac 27" 3TB Fusion Drive 32GB RAM; iPhone 5 32GB; iPad 3 64GB WiFi; Apple TV3; Quicksilver PowerMac G4 for fun!
roblawton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4
LaCieTech
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPersian View Post
I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??
Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie
LaCieTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:23 PM   #5
iPersian
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCieTech View Post
Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie
is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.
iPersian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:23 PM   #6
LaCieTech
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPersian View Post
is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.

Hi,

The re-indexing refers to the DLNA service Twonky rebuilding its database. Your data is not changed or even accessed at all. Our Tech staff can help you through the process if you contact us.
LaCieTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a Lacie 5big NAS Storage GreenApple29 Mac Peripherals 19 Jun 28, 2013 03:00 PM
Nas-to-Home Sharing Apple TV vs Nas-to-Mac iTunes Airplay Stream? iOrbit Apple TV and Home Theater 1 Feb 2, 2013 10:35 PM
Moving iTunes library from PC to NAS then accessing Music on NAS from new MAC dtos01 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Aug 13, 2012 09:41 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC