Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
iPersian
macrumors regular

itunes 11 and lacie nas

I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??
iPersian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:07 PM   #2
jacksea
macrumors newbie

same problem on Lacie 2Big Nas iTunes 11 and shared library

Hi,
i've got same problem on my Lacie 2Big Nas. With provisos iTunes 10 there was no problem.
I opened a ticket at Lacie support site so now i'm waiting for Lacie assistance...
jacksea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3
roblawton
macrumors 6502

Can you try opening a finder window and going to the disk there... In a way 'waking up' the NAS...

Then go to iTunes and load the music...
roblawton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4
LaCieTech
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPersian View Post
I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??
Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie
LaCieTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:23 PM   #5
iPersian
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCieTech View Post
Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie
is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.
iPersian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:23 PM   #6
LaCieTech
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPersian View Post
is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.

Hi,

The re-indexing refers to the DLNA service Twonky rebuilding its database. Your data is not changed or even accessed at all. Our Tech staff can help you through the process if you contact us.
LaCieTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store