Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
After reading some threads how do I check for screen yellowing, light bleeding from corners, and image retention or ghosting. I have stared at the yearly calendar for ten minutes if it is yellow on the bottom it's not much if it was yellow would I know it?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Good grief! Yes, you'd know if it was yellow because it... would... be....yellow?

Image retention? Use your screen. Do you see any? No? Good.

Next. There will be brighter corners on your display. Period, the end. It's normal. You'll see it on dark material. It's not bleed.

Quoting myself from another thread...

Some yellow toward the bottom is normal. Just breaking that information to you. It seems to be more pertinent with the 2012 models. It shouldn't be outrageous amounts of yellow, but a "little" is normal.

I hate to say that, since it shouldn't be the norm, but alas... it is.

Also, you don't have bleed in the corners. Bleed is when part of the light is shining through the actual panel edges. What you have is viewing angle deficiencies, which IPS panels have. Sit right in front of that "bleed" and you'll see it disappear completely. If it were bleed, it wouldn't disappear.

e.g. this is NOT bleed.:

e.g. this IS Bleed:

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
The yellowing issue is it a bright noticeable yellow and does it get worse or stay the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.