Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
tumblr_llgc9lbA0l1qebsc0o1_500.jpg
Different strokes for different folks!

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
can someone remove the words apple and just leave the apple logo?

Attachments

• apple-old-new.png
    apple-old-new.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 604
  • apple-old-newETCHED.png
    apple-old-newETCHED.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 622

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
there's something weird about this one...doesnt work no matter how many times I try (the default carrier overrides it), im using a mac

Just quoting the fine wisdom you posted on another thread

"nothing more to discuss, move along"

JXChain

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Working here.

iPhone 5 32GB, CarrierEditor, iMac 2011, OSX 10.8.2, Latest iTunes

is there anything that needs to be done differently with text logos?

----------

And if you would read this thread, you would know how to get that logo to work. :rolleyes:

Well unlike you, I don't go through 46 pages worth of threads to find something like this.

on the other hand, the weather issue is on the first page of google.

get a life.

JXChain

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
When you downloaded the logo's to your computer... you would have known they are images. Just like all the other logo's in this thread. Text logos... LOL... :p

I know they are images, which is why Im not sure why it's not working while all the other ones are.

by text logos, I meant logos with text, go LOL at your own maturity level

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth

----------

Well unlike you, I don't go through 46 pages worth of threads to find something like this.

get a life.

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about. There is nothing special or different about this logo. It is a PNG image... I made by screen capping the iPhone 5 page of Apple.com. Then editing it to be transparent and changing it from black to white.

It is no different than any other carrier logo. I ran it though Carrier Editor and it "just worked" like always. Are you choosing the correct carrier and version number?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011

----------

get a life.

Love these newbies. Good luck.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I know they are images, which is why Im not sure why it's not working while all the other ones are.

by text logos, I meant logos with text, go LOL at your own maturity level

someone's butthurt about me pointing out the obvious.:rolleyes:

Not my style to post like that... so sorry about that. Not fun to read those kinds of posts... huh? Anyhow, logos with text are no different that logos with pictures. It should work if you are doing it correctly. I don't think it's the length of the logo... but you could try and find another logo that is the same length or longer... and test if you still have issues.

JXChain

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
someone's butthurt about me pointing out the obvious.:rolleyes:

Not my style to post like that... so sorry about that. Not fun to read those kinds of posts... huh? Anyhow, logos with text are no different that logos with pictures. It should work if you are doing it correctly. I don't think it's the length of the logo... but you could try and find another logo that is the same length or longer... and test if you still have issues.

I've changed over 5 logos and only ran into problem today, will test on another mac tmr

JXChain

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Dunno. Maybe we can get 3rd party perspective and another member can apply it. I am going to bed now. Gotta work tomorrow.
Found the problem
The icon is too wide, so when DND is on, the moon has no space, which forces iOS to bring back the default carrier

In other words, if I turn off DND, the custom icon shows up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.